Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital Bank Secured Card

tag
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Capital Bank Secured Card

I applied for a secured Capital Bank credit card and sent in a $1000 dep for that same credit line.  Then before they even received the money, I had called them letting them know that I had changed my mind and didn't want to open account after all.  I had found out that my credit wasn't as bad as I thought it was and was approved for a  Quicksilver1 with $3000 limit.  Problem is, Capital Bank reported the account to the CRAs, with a $1000 CL, and then reported it as closed at the same time.  This dropped both my EQ and TU FICO by 10 points.  Can I dispute to get this removed from my reports?  Would I dispute thru CBs, or call Capital Bank to request them to withdraw?  If that is even possible.

3 REPLIES 3
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital Bank Secured Card

Doesn't matter if you decided not to open it, you made the inquiry for new credit so it's valid. The rise and fall of your utilization wouldn't hurt you after a month or 2.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once an application is approved, the account is opened, it does not matter if you never activated the card or called on the same day to close it, it will still report to CRAs. So no you can't dispute it, the only thing you can do is to call the lender and see if they will remove it, but the chances of that happening is remote at best.
Message 3 of 4
Sadie5150
Regular Contributor

Thanks for verifying Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.