Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Credit Cards

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Capital One Credit Cards

I've come to understand through reading and looking at my own report that Cap One doesn't report credit limits on cards. I've run my card to 90% utilization paid it off subsequently ran it up there again and just paid it down to less than 10% utilization. Small card actually only 5K. Would I be better off paying the card off waiting a few months and trying to get a better card? My FICO is 708 currently. Only debt now is a new vehicle. Any suggestions on what kind of card would help my score ultimately? Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital One Credit Cards

smallfry wrote:
I've come to understand through reading and looking at my own report that Cap One doesn't report credit limits on cards. I've run my card to 90% utilization paid it off subsequently ran it up there again and just paid it down to less than 10% utilization. Small card actually only 5K. Would I be better off paying the card off waiting a few months and trying to get a better card? My FICO is 708 currently. Only debt now is a new vehicle. Any suggestions on what kind of card would help my score ultimately? Thanks.

I assume the 708 reflects your 10% util? Which FICO is 708? Remember, you have three, one for each bureau! Pull all three from myfico.com and I will recommend a card based on your highest score.
Message 2 of 4
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Thank you kindly for responding. That score was from Equifax before I paid off the credit card which was up to over 90% utilization. The credit report said FICO score 708 now I am not sure after reading through some of the posts on this forum. When I purchased my vehicle the finance person told me my score was 640. This might have been my auto score that you have referred to in prior posts. At that time my cc was over 90% utilization and I had one more payment left on my other auto since paid off. I also had just opened a new line interest free through a bedding concern. As I said this was a no interest credit purchase but the purchase was over 90% of the available line. I made a bad move a few years back and cancelled a credit card with a zero balance. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Message Edited by smallfry on 04-24-2007 08:14 PM
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Ok, I recommend you pull all three from myfico.com. PM me for a discount code.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.