cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One - Online access after closing account?

tag
SanDiegoCredit
New Contributor

Capital One - Online access after closing account?

I closed my 22 year old Platinum Mastercard with Cap One in the summer of 2019.   Yet I can still login and see my closed account and old statements.  I can edit my customer contact profile data.  Furthermore I can and have subscribed to "Credit Wise" and they continue to send me email updates when my monitored TransUnion file changes.

 

Most banks just cut you off when you terminate the relationship, but that appears to not be the case with Cap One?




Credit Age:




Gardening.
6 REPLIES 6
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?

@SanDiegoCredit 

Just curious...Why did you close an account with 22 years history??

Message 2 of 7
SanDiegoCredit
New Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?

Personal reasons really... I don't like their brand, or BofA.  I dumped them both.  I opened six new deposite accounts at new banks and a bunch of other new cards to find stuff that fits me better.  I'm much happier now.




Credit Age:




Gardening.
Message 3 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?


@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

Most banks just cut you off when you terminate the relationship, but that appears to not be the case with Cap One?


 

Correct.

 EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 4 of 7
SanDiegoCredit
New Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?


@OmarR wrote:

@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

Most banks just cut you off when you terminate the relationship, but that appears to not be the case with Cap One?


 

Correct.


Thanks for confirming.




Credit Age:




Gardening.
Message 5 of 7
OmarR
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?


@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

@OmarR wrote:

@SanDiegoCredit wrote:

Most banks just cut you off when you terminate the relationship, but that appears to not be the case with Cap One?


 

Correct.


Thanks for confirming.


 

No prob.  I forgot how many years ago I closed my Venture One, but I still have access. 

 EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 6 of 7
Conceptual23
Frequent Contributor

Re: Capital One - Online access after closing account?

Informative. I just assumed that they'd delete your access entirely.  Thank you for posting.

Starting FICO 8s | 06/2018: EX 601 ✦ EQ 605 ✦ TU 590
Current FICO 8s | 9/2022: EX 732 ✦ EQ 739✦ TU 743
2023 Goal Score: 760+





Business Cards:


Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.