cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One accounts fell off of transunion, but i never closed my accounts and im sitll paying them

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One accounts fell off of transunion, but i never closed my accounts and im sitll paying them

I tried to report to TransUnion a dispute for late payments since my goodwill letters didn't work. Once I got a response on everything it said " DELETED" next to both capital one accounts. Now that raised my score and it's showing up on my Transunion, but it's still showing up on Experian, and I'm also still paying on those cards, the accounts are still open.

1. Should I contact Experian and get them to delete the accounts as well?

2.Should I contact capital one and tell them that they to fix it and report it to Transunion again?

with capital one removing themselves off of my TransUnion, it's showing I only have 2 late payments instead of 4, unlike Experian. but I recently paid off one of the capital one cards and I would like for it to count towards my score for Transunion, and it isn't. just not sure if i should leave it be, or let capital one know they need to fix it? or will it show up again eventually ????

need some help guys!

Thanksssss 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One accounts fell off of transunion, but i never closed my accounts and im sitll paying

@Anonymous wrote:

I tried to report to TransUnion a dispute for late payments since my goodwill letters didn't work. Once I got a response on everything it said " DELETED" next to both capital one accounts. Now that raised my score and it's showing up on my Transunion, but it's still showing up on Experian, and I'm also still paying on those cards, the accounts are still open.

1. Should I contact Experian and get them to delete the accounts as well?

2.Should I contact capital one and tell them that they to fix it and report it to Transunion again?

with capital one removing themselves off of my TransUnion, it's showing I only have 2 late payments instead of 4, unlike Experian. but I recently paid off one of the capital one cards and I would like for it to count towards my score for Transunion, and it isn't. just not sure if i should leave it be, or let capital one know they need to fix it? or will it show up again eventually ????

need some help guys!

Thanksssss 

What was the basis of your dispute? I'm sure they will return if the information is accurate. Don't get too excited.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One accounts fell off of transunion, but i never closed my accounts and im sitll paying

If you file a dispute with one CRA, the creditor can choose to simply delete the contested reporting without any positive verification or correction, but without any express statemnt that they find the reporting unverified or inaccurate.  Deletion will dismiss the dispute.  That alone does not require that they delete with other CRAs.

Deletion with other CRAs would only be mandated if they positively concur that the reporting cannot be verified or corrected.

FCRA 611(a)(7)(E)(4) states that:
"if the investigation finds that the information reported was inaccurate, promptly notify each consumer reporting agency to which the person furnished the inaccurate information of that determination and provide to the agency any correction to that information that is necessary to make the information provided by the person accurate. "

Since the results of the TU dispute only notify that the reporting was deleted, and not that it was found to be inaccurate, then the creditor had no requirment to report the same deletion to any other CRA.  They may have chosen, for example, to simplify their reporting by removing it from one CRA.

Additionally, any deletion based on a dispute only appplies to the information disputed, and thus dispute of a late payment would not have required any deletion of the entire account.  Thus, even if they had concurred that the reported lates were clearly inaccurate and thus must be removed, deletion of the entire account was voluntary, and not required by the dispute.  Thus, no deletion of the account with any other CRA would be at issue.

If you wish to receive a determination as to the accuracy of reporting with the other CRAs, you must file a separate dispute with each and receive the results.

Message 3 of 4
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Hi @Anonymous, and welcome to myFICO!  welcome.gif

Just a friendly reminder that we can't promote filing a fictitious dispute to remove otherwise accurate information from a credit bureau report.

See Terms of Service and Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines for more information.

--UB

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.