Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One mid-cycle update?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One mid-cycle update?

Has anyone here tried to force a midcycle update on a capital one card by changing your address?

Did it work for you?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One mid-cycle update?

I've heard of this theory working but not sure if related to Cap1. I know they usually will not do it by request compared to some other lenders. Might be worth sesrching the threads to see if there is any success in trying this with them.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did search a bit and couldn't find any examples for this specific creditor, but I know others will.  I also heard they don't do it if you request it, darn it!  LOL

I changed my address last night (moving anyway so wasn't an issue for me).  I wasn't sure if a mid-cycle update would be immediate or not, but since I haven't seen an update today, I figured it probably didn't work  Smiley Sad  Maybe it just takes longer and I'm being impatient.  Or it doesn't work for Cap One.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Has anyone here tried to force a midcycle update on a capital one card by changing your address?

Did it work for you?

Since the thread is new, may I ask what it is you are talking about. Still somewhat of a noob.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure thing...

Capital one updates balances on my credit report once a month and that update just happened a few days ago.  I'm in the middle of a mortgage application and would like my score to go up a little.  I paid down my cc to lower my utilization in hopes of a score increase, but since capital one won't update again until the end of June, I will have to wait for my new balance to be reported.

Some creditors will update your balance between their regular monthly updates if you change your address.  I had hoped that would work for Capital One, but looks like they probably don't do this.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Some credit card companies will do a mid-cycle update if you change your information (from Rd to Road for example). I know Lowe's store card will but don't know which other ones do
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One does not do mid-cycle updates.  Your lender should be able to do a rapid rescore, have you reached out to them?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.