Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One not reporting?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One not reporting?

I am wondering if those whose cap1 aren't reporting live in a hurricane disaster area.  We do and mine hasn't reported either.  I'm thinking that it is their way of trying to help those affected by the hurricane?  

Message 11 of 43
doredeb
New Contributor

You know, someone else suggested this to me as well.  I'm in Houston, which is still operating in Hurricane Harvey recovery mode!  :-)  You'd think, though, that someone at Cap One would have mentioned this, as I've now called them about the issue three times.  I've been told every time that they've reported each month, and it's the credit bureaus who are not updating.  If they don't report again next month, I will directly ask if this is the reason.  I applaud them for trying to work with people affected by natural disasters, but many of us need their reporting (even those who are rebuilding their homes and not just their credit!).

Message 12 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@doredeb wrote:

You know, someone else suggested this to me as well.  I'm in Houston, which is still operating in Hurricane Harvey recovery mode!  :-)  You'd think, though, that someone at Cap One would have mentioned this, as I've now called them about the issue three times.  I've been told every time that they've reported each month, and it's the credit bureaus who are not updating.  If they don't report again next month, I will directly ask if this is the reason.  I applaud them for trying to work with people affected by natural disasters, but many of us need their reporting (even those who are rebuilding their homes and not just their credit!).

I am still waiting for CapOne to report my new QS1 account. I live in Vegas. Statement generated on 10/18.

I've had to verify my identiy twice in the last 30 days for some unknown reason. Not sure if this is what could be causing the delay, however, my wife's statement generated on 10/26 and her credit report was already updated on 10/30. Hopefully they update all our reports soon. 

Message 13 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one finally report to all 3 credit agency to zero balance!!
Message 14 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

double post
Message 15 of 43
SteelCityPride
Valued Member

New QS1 card hasn't reported yet even with statement and have had for almost 2 months. Plat reported early Oct though after statement. Plat had zero balance and in sock drawer.

Jan. 2017 Fico 8 - low 500's
Message 16 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

According to my reports, the last time Capital One reported my balance to any beaureau was Sept. 5th. Three statements ago. 

Message 17 of 43
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Anyone had cap one report that was not reporting before?

I am still behind as far as 8/1 on one card.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 18 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in Houston and haven't had an update to any of my three cards since the August update right before the storm. Nice they are trying to look out- but I when I went to buy a car last month I hurt me because my balance looked really high from a expensive trip. My balances are since back to under 30%... But the interest rate I got on my car is based on a credit score with out of wack ultization. Grrrrr!!
Message 19 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I live in Michigan and haven't been affected by anything, thankfully. My Cap 1 accts have not reported accurately for a couple months either. It is definitely a Cap 1 issue that needs immediate attention. 

Message 20 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.