Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one GW letter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one GW letter... Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Okay... I disputed on TU.  We'll see what happens! 
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great call Noah, TU deleted the TL overnight.  I guess they figured as old as it was why bother. I disputed another old charge off when I did this one and they deleted that one as well.   Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally, I think Capital 1 is totally screwed up.  No news there.  But I, too, had 2 capital one accounts IIB.  After the BK was dismissed, they decided to report the accounts as charged off, etc...I was never contacted about the debt or asked to repay it [which I gladly would have, as the amounts were totally insignificant].  I have disputed with them 9 million times [exaggeration, of course].  So, they keep changing the reports to read either charged off or current, depending on the day. 

This is the good part:  Yesterday, I received a letter from them that stated that they just learned of my intent to file bankruptcy and they regret having to cancel my charging privileges. WHAT??????????  The BK was filed in 2003 and dismissed in 2005.  The account was closed in 2002 and I haven't had a card with them since.  Anyway, now they would like me to discontinue use of my account and destroy and associated cards.  Are they smoking crack????

Just a little snippet to reinforce how nuts they are...Smiley Wink
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Really GREAT call Noah!!! Those two deletions raised my TU FAKO score 12 points!   Add that with the Carnival Sea Miles card now showing on my EX which raised it 10 points and my day is made!!! Thanks Noah! Smiley Very Happy
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

dazednconfused wrote:
Personally, I think Capital 1 is totally screwed up.  No news there.

I talked to a headhunter once about an IT job with Cap 1. They are a Burroughs/Unisys COBOL shop in Richmond, VA. They are almost always advertising, and for a while I would get calls and Emails at least once a month. High turnover.

They also wanted my SSN and permission to pull credit just for the headhunter to present my resume as a candidate--not even a firm offer, let alone FTE status. Pass.

Very odd place. Had more than a few people tell me stay away. Bad place to work. Real sweatshop and no coherent planning.

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.  I guess my second letter to Capital One actually worked since the old TL is actually off all three reports this morning.   My EX score didn't budge but my EQ report went up 23 FAKO points.  I was thrilled.  I can't wait to see what happens to my FICO when it hits Scorewatch.   I'm going to be keeping my fingers crossed for 700 club!!! Smiley Very Happy I just don't understand why my EX never seems to move when baddies come off of it. Smiley Sad

Message Edited by princessofpink on 06-27-2007 09:18 AM
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

cap1 can be beat!! thats one for the myfico tiger team!! haha congrats
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.