Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one has no record of me?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one has no record of me?

I believe I had a capital one account years ago. It’s always been on my credit report, and it’s said that I missed a payment back in 2016. Also closed in 2016. Now it’s saying that I missed another payment in March of this year. I called capital one and they have no record of me having an account. They couldnt look me up from my SSN. Should I dispute with them and credit bureaus?
7 REPLIES 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one has no record of me?

Do you have a most recent hard copy of your CR?   Which CR is this in reference to?  Also, is the account reflected on all your CRs or just one?

Message 2 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Dispute is the fastest way for them to find your account. 

Message 3 of 8
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Sounds like a data entry error with the reporting side of things if C1 can’t find an open account.

As mentioned above, I would dispute and see where that leads.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I do have a recent 3 bureau credit report pulled on July 31st 2019. The card shows up on all 3 credit reports with a missed payment in 2016. But only equifax shows a recent missed payment in June of this year.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

*march
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a closed account.
Message 7 of 8
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

If you have no knowledge of a Cap1 account that’s open and late payments are being reported you need to immediately dispute it as it could be a fraudulent account.

The account may have a single number in the SSN type incorrectly but it somehow passed verification and it’s being reported as you.

Call them back and ask them to check by name and DOB and then try SSN.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.