Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital one reported over balance to credit bureau

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one reported over balance to credit bureau

Hi

I have a question. I have two Capital one cards and went over my limit by $30.00 on one. I got an alert on my credit that they reported it to the credit bureaus that I went over my credit limit. Now I have a derogatory on my report. Is there anything I can do about that? That seems really ridiculous. I have since paid the carddiwn a little and no longer over the limit. This just happened October 9th.
Has anyone had that happen to them before and how does it effect your credit? I'm trying to buy a house next year.
Thanks for any insight.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Capital one reported over balance to credit bureau

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi

I have a question. I have two Capital one cards and went over my limit by $30.00 on one. I got an alert on my credit that they reported it to the credit bureaus that I went over my credit limit. Now I have a derogatory on my report. Is there anything I can do about that? That seems really ridiculous. I have since paid the carddiwn a little and no longer over the limit. This just happened October 9th.
Has anyone had that happen to them before and how does it effect your credit? I'm trying to buy a house next year.
Thanks for any insight.

It's a yawner.  It won't show up in the main tradeline data unless it went late: your high balance will be over your credit limit - this was common back in the day, ain't no big deal now.  For now you have a maxxed out credit card and you do want to fix that pre-mortgage application; however, long term damage is zip.

        
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital one reported over balance to credit bureau

Thanks so much for the info!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.