Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CapitalOne360 - Free $50 For Checking, $25 For Savings

tag
sosabe77
Contributor

CapitalOne360 - Free $50 For Checking, $25 For Savings

http://www.capitalone360.com/bonusoffer

Not as good as the Black Friday promo, but you still can't beat free money.  You can open one of each as a new customer and get both bonuses.

Checking bonus terms:

Bonuses are only paid for accounts that are opened and a total of 3 Debit Card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) are made within 45 days of account opening. The $50 bonus is available only for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Your $50 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account on day 50.

Savings bonus terms:

Bonuses are only paid for accounts that are opened with an initial deposit of at least $250. Initial deposit does not include bonus. The $25 bonus is available only for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days.

My tip:

If you need something cheap to satisfy the 3 debit card purchases without spending too much money, Amazon has e-gift cards as low as $0.15.  Use your new debit card to buy 3 and you only spend $0.45 to get $50.

edit: referral = no bueno.  --Rev

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: CapitalOne360 - Free $50 For Checking, $25 For Savings

@sosabe77 wrote:

Not as good as the Black Friday promo, but you still can't beat free money.  You can open one of each as a new customer and get both bonuses.

Checking bonus terms:

Bonuses are only paid for accounts that are opened and a total of 3 Debit Card purchases or Person2Person Payments (or any combo of the two) are made within 45 days of account opening. The $50 bonus is available only for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Your $50 bonus will automatically be deposited into your account on day 50.

Savings bonus terms:

Bonuses are only paid for accounts that are opened with an initial deposit of at least $250. Initial deposit does not include bonus. The $25 bonus is available only for new accounts with a new Customer as primary owner. Bonus starts earning interest upon account opening, but is unavailable for withdrawal for 30 days.

My tip:

If you need something cheap to satisfy the 3 debit card purchases without spending too much money, Amazon has e-gift cards as low as $0.15.  Use your new debit card to buy 3 and you only spend $0.45 to get $50.

Will cost you a HP though.

I have a savings account and back before starting to rebuild again applied for the checking for the $50 bonus and was denied!

Message 2 of 23
ac921ol
Frequent Contributor

opening a savings or checking account is a HP?? I havent opened one in a long long time, but that would be crazy, especially since I am depositting money.

12/28/13 (Garden Start Date)

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

opening a savings or checking account is a HP?? I havent opened one in a long long time, but that would be crazy, especially since I am depositting money.

not a lot of times but this Capital One 360 checking was for me.

Message 4 of 23
maximiliano
New Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@sosabe77 wrote:

Checking bonus terms:

Savings bonus terms:

My tip:

Will cost you a HP though.

I have a savings account and back before starting to rebuild again applied for the checking for the $50 bonus and was denied!

+1 they did a HP for me as we'll for the checking account.

$7,000.............$6,700...............$1,250...............$1,500...............$1,500.............$820................$750(AU).........$500..............
Starting Score: 577 (08/2012) Current Score: EQ: 675 (2013) | EX: 686 (04/14) | TU: 700 (Barclay FICO)
Last app: 04/28/14. In the garden until 12/2014 (updated 07/14)
Message 5 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@ac921ol wrote:

not a lot of times but this Capital One 360 checking was for me.

A number of good banks do this unfortunately.

Message 6 of 23
sosabe77
Contributor

For those that got an HP, did you opt for Overdraft Protection?  I think that's actually a line of credit, right?  Do you think that determines whether they need an HP or not?

Top 3: Amex BCP 25k - Chase Sapphire 17.5k - PSECU 20K

Starting Score: 714
Current Score: 759
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 23
maximiliano
New Contributor

@ac921ol wrote:

It's because of the overdraft protection..it's a credit card of sorts

$7,000.............$6,700...............$1,250...............$1,500...............$1,500.............$820................$750(AU).........$500..............
Starting Score: 577 (08/2012) Current Score: EQ: 675 (2013) | EX: 686 (04/14) | TU: 700 (Barclay FICO)
Last app: 04/28/14. In the garden until 12/2014 (updated 07/14)
Message 8 of 23
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

I opened CapOne checking and savings accounts during the Black Friday promo and the only pull on my credit was from asking them to include an overdraft protection LOC on the checking.

Fortunately, it was only on one bureau (EQ, I believe), but I didn't need the LOC and I regretted taking the HP for it. That was a great promo, though.

Message 9 of 23
IWOL
Established Contributor

I did the Black Friday promo and I got a hard pull for the checking even though I did not opt for the overdraft protection. I also opened the Share Builder account which had a $150 bonus for making 6 trades and they softed me on EQ for that account.

Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.