Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Car loan questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Car loan questions

Hi Everyone, have a few questions about my fico score and a possible car loan. Right now my Fico score is as follows: TransUnion: 576 Equifax: 554 Experian: 523 Why is there a big gap between Experian and TransUnion? When applying for a car loan do they consider all 3 or only 1? I asume it depends on who you are getting the loan with. Currently I have 8 collections totaling around $1500. Most of the items are small thing s like DirecTv, Nextel, Sprint, Hollywood video. These things I was stupid enough not to pay off during college and have dug myself into a little hole. My main question is that if I pay all these Colletions off will it help my score enough to put me over the 600 mark and have the possibility of getting a better car loan rate? I have heard from different people that paying off colletions if pointless because it will still be on my history. I fail to see how paying these bills won't help me score at all, or I am wrong? In the end, should I pay all these colletions off or just leave them? Please help!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.