Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Services (Spiegel) and yes, again, Midland

tag
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Card Services (Spiegel) and yes, again, Midland

I sent off a PFD including my full name, address and the partial account number listed on my EX credit report to Card Services last week.  Got the GC quickly. 

Today, I got the following letter:

"Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding your Card Processing Center account.

We regret to inform you that based on the information provided; we are unable to locate your account.  In order for us to assisst you further, we ask that you please provide the following:

Social Security Number
Complete address
Complete account number
Full name as it appears on your account

In addition, please be sure to include the reason for your inquiry.  Once this information is received, we can proceed accordingly with your request."

My reason for inquiry?  Because they are reporting to my CR!!!
Now, I sent them all but my social security number.   They are reporting to EQ and EX, but not TU.  And yes, this is the account that Midland is trying to collect on.

I want it paid, I want it off my reports in the worst way.  Midland has been DV'd and I've not gotten a response (2/23 - have a couple more weeks to wait on it).  But this is what is reporting as the OC.

I don't have the full account number, it is X'd out (last four digits), so I sent them what the report said.  It was updated 1/2008. 

What's the next step?  They're the OC, do I need to give them my SS# or do I do a dispute with the CRA's and cross my fingers?

atlast.....getting somewhere

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 03-07-2008 08:05 PM

Message Edited by atlastontheroad on 03-07-2008 08:06 PM
Ficos 2/17/08: TU 551 EQ 534 EX 587
Ficos 2/12/09 TU 695 EQ 715 EX 715
Fico...4/15/10....drumroll.....EQ 743
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Card Services (Spiegel) and yes, again, Midland

First a DV should always be sent before you even think about a PFD!!!!!!!  How do you know that they have a right to collect??

Send a DV  CMRRR     never give a CA any info. other then what is on your CR. Never sign your name to anything going to a CA!!!!!  and NEVER talk to a CA!!!

They must answer a DV within 30 days or stop all collections (reporting)!!!!   looks like they do not have that info.
Message 2 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

First a DV should always be sent before you even think about a PFD!!!!!!!  How do you know that they have a right to collect??

I DV'd the CA which is Midland.  I sent the PFD to the original creditor because it was my debt and it was supposed to have been paid by a mortgage broker in 2004.  The letter asking for information came from the OC to whom I had sent the PFD. 

Send a DV  CMRRR     never give a CA any info. other then what is on your CR. Never sign your
name to anything going to a CA!!!!!  and NEVER talk to a CA!!!

They must answer a DV within 30 days or stop all collections (reporting)!!!!   looks like they do not have that info.

I did DV CMRRR the CA which is Midland and have yet to hear from them.  They're reporting as either an account or a collection on each of the Holy Trinity.  I disputed the CA with TU and EQ and it came back verified or "meets FCRA" and I'm just waiting for the 31st day to RE-DV the bejesus outta Midland.

I'm not planning on talking to the CA at all.  I would simply prefer to pay the debt to the OC but I believe it's been sold to Midland.  The OC is the one who can't find the account.  Of course the OC went bankrupt and such a few years ago so it's unlikely that they'll be able to locate the appropriate documentation.

Still, I'd like my conscience clear and the debt paid.  Call me silly, but I'm cleaning up the shards of a life that was shattered.  Oh, yeah, once it's paid it's less than six months from me being able to dispute as "obsolete" based on NYS FCRA.

Sorry for the confusion.  So, what's the next step?  I'm at a loss.

atlast....

Message 3 of 7
atlastontheroad
Established Contributor

Happy Days....

I know the mortgage company assigned it to an agent, he's currently a resident of Sing-Sing.

It didn't get paid, I am certain. 

What I want to know is if with the letter I posted, I should send them anything or just dispute with the CRAs?

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the OC reporting?  if so  dispute it as *not mine*  with all trinities that are reporting!!!!!  it should delete

IF midland does not answer within 30 days   dispute as not mine  AND  send copy of DV letter  copy of CERT paper and copy of the GG

Tell the 3 trinities ....that midland had 30 days to VALIDATE the debt per (statue) and they could not validate. If they can not validate the debt then it is illegal for them to verify it.  delete!

here is 2nd DV that goes CMRRR when they do not answer or do not give proper validation.

Keep in mind that the CA didn't pay the OC for your debt....and when a co. goes OOB  the debts that are taken over usually have no info. just your name and address.....and maybe SS#  but not always.
    They just have a name & match it to a SS# that could be someone else.

You
123 My St.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
September xx, 2005
Re: follow up to letter sent 8/xx/2005

Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, return receipt requested

CRA Address

Dear CRA:

This letter, sent via Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx, return receipt requested, serves as formal notice of your failure to investigate a dispute.  I sent you a dispute on 8/xx/2005 via Certified Mail # xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx which was signed for by you on 8/xx/2005.  In that letter, I formally disputed inaccurate information listed on my consumer file.  For your review, I have attached a copy of the original letter.

As you are well aware, federal law requires you to respond within 30 days, yet you have failed to investigate my dispute.  Failure to comply with these federal regulations by credit reporting agencies are investigated by the Federal Trade Commission (see 15 USC 41, et seq.).  I am maintaining a careful record of my communications with you on this matter, for the purpose of filing a complaint with the FTC and the Attorney General of Texas should you continue in your non-compliance.  I further remind you that, as in Wenger v. Trans Union Corp., No. 95-6445 (C.D.Cal. Nov. 14, 1995), you may be liable for your willful non-compliance. 

This is a serious error in reporting.  Do not delay further. Be aware that I am making a final goodwill attempt to have you clear up this matter. You have 15 days to cure. I demand you immediately delete the following inaccurate entries from my file:

Entry #1, account number xxxxxxx
Entry #2, account number xxxxxxx
Entry #3, account number xxxxxxx
Entry #4, account number xxxxxxx
Entry #5, account number xxxxxxx
Entry #6, account number xxxxxxx

Sincerely,

You
123 My St.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Message Edited by HappyDays on 03-07-2008 05:48 PM
Message 5 of 7
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

Nice letter wish I seen this before I sent mine out.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy Days, do you have a version of that to send to CRAs if/when a CA does not respond to a DV in 30 days? In my case my only concern if/when they do not respond is that my DV was not within 30 days after getting a Collection Notice, it is several years down the road, and after two rounds of dispustes with the CRAs (i.e so now I am saying fine, show me the documentation, don't just 'verify').

Maybe whilst at it with the CAs (DV) there is a letter to send to the CRA to say 'show me the info you validated with'?

I'm hoping with enough pressure at least a couple of the 6 remaining baddies I have left go bye bye.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.