cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card double report and dropped my score!?

tag
vinster95
Established Member

Card double report and dropped my score!?

Hey everyone. So I have a Dell Financial Services account. I owe 3700 on it. This month Dell moved their payment structure to something else. Like a new version of the site. So I’m looking at my score today and see -20 points, of course the night I want to apply for a chase card. I see Dell is now double reporting. It's showing the old and now new account. How do I get that fixed?? It made my utl skyrocket 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Card double report and dropped my score!?

Call and ask why.

Message 2 of 9
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

@vinster95 wrote:

Hey everyone. So I have a Dell Financial Services account. I owe 3700 on it. This month Dell moved their payment structure to something else. Like a new version of the site. So I’m looking at my score today and see -20 points, of course the night I want to apply for a chase card. I see Dell is now double reporting. It's showing the old and now new account. How do I get that fixed?? It made my utl skyrocket 

Call them.

Message 3 of 9
northway
Regular Contributor

@vinster95 wrote:

It's because Comenity took over from WebBank. You should see the old account update to closed along with the remaining balance being zeroed. May take about a month.

Personal Cards:
Message 4 of 9
vinster95
Established Member

Does this 100 percent happen automatically? @northway 

Message 5 of 9
northway
Regular Contributor

@vinster95 wrote:

Does this 100 percent happen automatically? @northway 

Yes. Sometime after the statement cycle ends for WebBank, it'll report as closed and paid.

If for some reason it doesn't after more than 60 days, you can dispute it on your credit report.

Personal Cards:
Message 6 of 9
8isnuf
Established Member

Same happened to me.  25 point decrease. I called Dell and was told they could do nothing. I call Comenity and no one could understand what I was attempting to explain.  I disputed to make sure that Experian removes one of the two.  Hopefully, one will fall off and my score will rebound.

Message 7 of 9
northway
Regular Contributor

@8isnuf wrote:

Same happened to me.  25 point decrease. I called Dell and was told they could do nothing. I call Comenity and no one could understand what I was attempting to explain.  I disputed to make sure that Experian removes one of the two.  Hopefully, one will fall off and my score will rebound.

There was no reason to dispute Comenity, and disputing WebBank this early more than likely is going to lengthen the time it'll take for it to report as closed now that there's a dispute in progress.

Personal Cards:
Message 8 of 9
8isnuf
Established Member

Both accounts are still reporting; however, I may a relatively large payment on the account.  Comenity is reporting the lower balance but WebBank is not.  Is anyone experiencing the same? The dispute which I agree might have been early in the game did not help in resolving the issue.  I am not a fan of Commenity for a variety of reasons so I am trying to get rid of them asap. (I plan on keeping the account open but not actively using the account.)  The dispute took the full 30 days but changed nothing. 

@northway wrote:

@8isnuf wrote:

There was no reason to dispute Comenity, and disputing WebBank this early more than likely is going to lengthen the time it'll take for it to report as closed now that there's a dispute in progress.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.