Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CareCredit and Fraud Alerts in place ?

tag
GApeachy
Super Contributor

CareCredit and Fraud Alerts in place ?

Do you have to lift the alerts in order to app or will they call you?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: CareCredit and Fraud Alerts in place ?

Typically, with a fraud alert on your CRs, the potential lender will take extra steps to verify your identity. There is no need to "lift" the alert. To lift a fraud alert, you would have to go to each CRA and have the notation removed from your CR. Then if you wanted it back in place you would have to have to place a consumer statement. 

I had a fraud alert which was placed on my CRs by the 3B about 18 months ago. When it was removed after 12 months, I went and placed a statement on each of my CRs. "Before extending new credit, please contact me at (888) 888-8888 to verify my identity due to past possible fraudulent activity."

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 5
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Medic981 wrote:

Typically, with a fraud alert on your CRs, the potential lender will take extra steps to verify your identity. There is no need to "lift" the alert. To lift a fraud alert, you would have to go to each CRA and have the notation removed from your CR. Then if you wanted it back in place you would have to have to place a consumer statement. 

I had a fraud alert which was placed on my CRs by the 3B about 18 months ago. When it was removed after 12 months, I went and placed a statement on each of my CRs. "Before extending new credit, please contact me at (888) 888-8888 to verify my identity due to past possible fraudulent activity."

thanks, that's smart.  Yeah, two different csr's from carecredit gave me odd answers so I didn't want to have dh apply until I came here to check first.  thank you again.
My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No you don’t need to. They will just take extra steps to verify you. Make sure you have current cell phone number on the statement
Message 4 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

As stated above, extra steps to verify. One reason i keep fraud alerts on my reportsSmiley Wink
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.