cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carecredit is a Bankcard per TU; Retail per EX.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carecredit is a Bankcard per TU; Retail per EX.

Carecredit is a Bankcard per TU; Retail per EX. Also labeled charge rather than credit at EX. Idea? Implications? At EQ, I don't know, but I bet it mirrors EX.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Carecredit is a Bankcard per TU; Retail per EX.

Unless you have the Visa/MC. i wouldnt consider it a bankcard even if it codes that way on TUSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I agree with you, TU is calling it a bankcard.

Check this out tho, seems like when I use it as my AZEO card, I lose 5 points, plus my no revolving penalty. It's like TU is treating it as retail and keeping retail util separate and penalizing for it. Let me put this all in the other thread rather than duplicate. check it:

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Understanding-FICO-Scoring/Are-Retail-cards-treated-differently-at-...
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately both of my Care Credit accounts are closed, so I have no means of testing this out. 

I hate Care Credit though, FWIW.  They are the devil.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weird thing is, TU calls it a bankcard but is not treating it as such. Seems as tho it's treating it differently, but it's treated normally at EX and EQ.
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

My physical TU report lists Care Credit as a Charge Account in the Loan Type field and the Account Type displays as Revolving.

The [CK] TU version displays Charge Account in the Account Type field.

EX displays as Charge Card in the Type field.

I haven't checked the FICO reports, but IIRC, Charge Account was the naming convention under Type, I believe.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.