cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Carecredit payment with wrong account number.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Carecredit payment with wrong account number.

Hello, I just started paying my Carecredit balance and the first payment was with a wrong account number. I was one digit off, I was in a hurry when I did that. I noticed it the next day. So I payed again with the right account number this time and both actually went through and the balance went down twice. The didn't take the money out my checking account yet, from research people have said it takes like 4 days to pull the money. My question is, will the first payment with the wrong account number will simply be declined and the balance on my CC should go back up? Or someone else with that account number will get screwed over (but my routing number)? Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Carecredit payment with wrong account number.

Hi and welcome @Anonymous 

Routing number is not unique to you, it's unique to the bank. Account number is unique to you. Sequential account numbers are avoided by the banks for this very reason,so it's highly unlikely payment will be drawn from somebody else. Also, name on the account would not match, so it's a moot point anyway. 

First payment with wrong account number will be returned, so whatever credit you got there, it will go away.  

Even though you paid it later, you still have returned payment with the lender. I suggest you call and explain because returned payment is never a good look, regardless of the reason. 

You need to be extra careful with your payments and Synch (or any lender). If this happens again, AA is certainly possible. 

Good luck 

Message 2 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Remedios wrote:

Hi and welcome @Anonymous 

Routing number is not unique to you, it's unique to the bank. Account number is unique to you. Sequential account numbers are avoided by the banks for this very reason,so it's highly unlikely payment will be drawn from somebody else. Also, name on the account would not match, so it's a moot point anyway. 

First payment with wrong account number will be returned, so whatever credit you got there, it will go away.  

Even though you paid it later, you still have returned payment with the lender. I suggest you call and explain because returned payment is never a good look, regardless of the reason. 

You need to be extra careful with your payments and Synch (or any lender). If this happens again, AA is certainly possible. 

Good luck 

+1

Yes you need to call them ASAP and explain what happened. This happen to me with AMEX and that returned payment stayed on my internal record, denied for any increases,  always gave that as #1 reason. I have since moved on from them and now am super careful with my little fingers when entering account numbers.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the quick reply! I did call them to let them know that same I payed the second time. I talked told the agent what I did, and I also asked how to remove the first account number on the app. He didn't say anything about if there will be any consequences, we simply just ended the conversation and said thanks.

What did you mean "AA is certainly possible?". What's AA?
Message 4 of 5
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks for the quick reply! I did call them to let them know that same I payed the second time. I talked told the agent what I did, and I also asked how to remove the first account number on the app. He didn't say anything about if there will be any consequences, we simply just ended the conversation and said thanks.

What did you mean "AA is certainly possible?". What's AA?

AA 

An adverse action is any action which denies or offers less than favorable terms to an individual  when they apply for credit, this also "may"  be used when granting CLIs or extend another product from said bank.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.