Did you mean: 

Change of Address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change of Address

I have 4 cards in my home address.

Planning to go to New Jersey for work for a total of 6 months

I only use paperless and don’t need to receive statements. I just worried if it alarms the credit reports or affect my future of applying for cards...

Should I ask to change a temp address?
how does it affect when I purchase online and type a billing address?

And if i don’t change it, it may hard to ship things to me in NJ when cards billing address is in CA.

I might order online and ship to New Jersey since I’m there but may also buy things for home on CA for my mother.

Thank you for any help.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Change of Address

@Anonymous wrote:

I have 4 cards in my home address.

Planning to go to New Jersey for work for a total of 6 months

I only use paperless and don’t need to receive statements. I just worried if it alarms the credit reports or affect my future of applying for cards...

Should I ask to change a temp address?
how does it affect when I purchase online and type a billing address?

Cake if i don’t change it, it may hard to ship things to me in NJ when cards billing address is in CA.

I might order online and ship to New Jersey since I’m there but may also buy things for home on CA for my mother.

Thank you for any help.

The majority of my own charges are in a different state from my billing address and I've never had a problem.

You'll be fine.  Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Give each a call and give a heads up.
Message 3 of 7
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

I'd mostly be concerned about replacing a card if something went amiss. I'd call and ask them about that.

Message 4 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@HeavenOhio wrote:

I'd mostly be concerned about replacing a card if something went amiss. I'd call and ask them about that.

+1

Excellent point.  In my case anything sent to my billing address can be forwarded to me by someone if necessary, but if that's not the case I would probably just 'bite the bullet' and do a formal address change to the new address.

Years ago I moved to a different part of the country for work, then ended up moving back to where I started just six months later.  For that one, I did change everything to the new address (and then back), and it wasn't a big deal. 

Message 5 of 7
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

For shipping issues as you stated you can call the CCC and have an alternate shipping address added to your account so you do not run into any problems in the future. 

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 6 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

My rule of thumb is that if I know anything out of the norm is going to occur involving one of or all my cards, rather it be address, different or upcoming spending, or the location I am spending being a dramatic difference, I call and gives them a heads up. That could be overdoing it on my end, but I'd rather avoid the potential headache.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.