cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of address effect credit score and limits?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change of address effect credit score and limits?

I'm in the process of moving... American Express has had 3 different address in the past 5 years and again I'm moving. Will this effect my credit score or credit limit with them or other cards for that matter?

Thank you and any help would be much appreciated. I'm looking to see if the postal mail does a forward but not a change of address too, just in case!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Queen_Etherea
Valued Contributor

Re: Change of address effect credit score and limits?

No, changing addresses will not affect anything credit wise. All that will happen is a new address will get added to your credit report. 

I think I've found the sacred map that may lead me to this garden everyone keeps talking about.

Officially collection free as of 3/19/19!!
STARTING SCORES: 377 (11/2013) & 580 (3/2018)
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When credit reports add another address does this cause a problem with future creditors wanting to give you credit? We've purchased a medium size Yacht and of course can't have mail delivered to the Atlantic. I'm planning on opening a mail box etc for a year while traveling and moving from our home.

Message 3 of 5
calyx
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

When credit reports add another address does this cause a problem with future creditors wanting to give you credit? We've purchased a medium size Yacht and of course can't have mail delivered to the Atlantic. I'm planning on opening a mail box etc for a year while traveling and moving from our home.

I have over 20 (valid) addresses across my credit reports (including 2 PO boxes) and it's been no problem.

However, applications usually do want a permanent residence listed, so that might be a problem for you. 

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for the help it was most appreciated! I'm done applying for credit. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.