Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of address

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change of address

If I change my address with the 3 credit cards I have will they update it to the credit report also ?
Or it only gets updated wen I apply for anew card
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Change of address

Address information on credit reports generally comes from lender-reported data, so the new one should be added within a cycle or two.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will second what K has said. Over the past 2 years, I have done this twice.

I have used this in the past, maybe this checklist put together by lifehacker will help you -https://lifehacker.com/change-your-address-everywhere-on-this-printable-checkl-1756811578

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice checklistSmiley Happy

can I get an adress change just for The Discover CLI denial letters?

I have a very thick file of thoseSmiley Frustrated

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe Disco will Discover (Haha)..one day it will just be cheaper to give me a CLI ..soley because of the cost of sending me all the denial lettersSmiley Wink

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's that easy.
Just make sure you don't remove any of the prior address info from your reports. You will occasionally get the "have you lived anywhere else in the past three years question", it may be a important reference.
Message 6 of 8
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I have so many addresses on my reports because lenders have at some point listed several of my addresses that look like 12345 Main Street Boston MA as:

12345 Main Street

Main Street Apt 12345

12345 Main St Apt 12345

123 Main St Apt 45

etc..

Then it gets more confusing because every few days my city changes on my reports from Boston, MA to Neighborhood Name, MA, (similar to Jamaica, NY vs Queens, NY - same place, same ZIP code) depending on who the last lender was to report.

Names are just as bad.  First Middle Last is listed in 5 different combinations (First M Last, M First Last, M Last First, Last M First, Last First M).  I've tried to have them removed in the past and they just end right back on there.  Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@K-in-Boston wrote:

I have so many addresses on my reports because lenders have at some point listed several of my addresses that look like 12345 Main Street Boston MA as:

12345 Main Street

Main Street Apt 12345

12345 Main St Apt 12345

123 Main St Apt 45

etc..

Then it gets more confusing because every few days my city changes on my reports from Boston, MA to Neighborhood Name, MA, (similar to Jamaica, NY vs Queens, NY - same place, same ZIP code) depending on who the last lender was to report.

Names are just as bad.  First Middle Last is listed in 5 different combinations (First M Last, M First Last, M Last First, Last M First, Last First M).  I've tried to have them removed in the past and they just end right back on there.  Smiley Frustrated

Wow! K lives a tough life! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.