cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge Off still showing. How to play hard ball.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge Off still showing. How to play hard ball.

Three months ago I finally figued out that "charge off" was not something nice to show on my CRs.  It was for a leased car I turned in back in '01.  Well, in '04 they reported to the CRs a charge off.  I called, they said it was there mistake and they'd contact the 3 bureua's for me.

I also asked for a letter.

Well, I haven't seen a letter, and I just looked at one of my CRs last night, and it still shows.

Do I just call again?  Is it time to send a letter?

It "should" fall off my report in 2/08.  Do I just leave it alone?  I have decent scores even with it, and understand that sometimes getting something updated would then keep it on my report for another 7 years.  I will be refi-ing my mortgage in the next 6 to 9 months.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Charge Off still showing. How to play hard ball.

I have a collection that is still stuck on one of my three CRs.  It falls off in March '08.  At the moment I am just waiting, as it will not adversly effect the things I want to do in the next year.  Given that it is on EX, the chance of me getting them to change their mind is zero.

But if it was on all three CRs I would be behaving differently.
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

If its an error, will it fall off in '08 or 7 years after '04?  They should fix it, and you can dispute through the CRAs.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, this is there mistake.

Originally, I though '11 as well (7 years after '04 report date), but atleast on Transunion, it gave the date of 02/08.
Message 4 of 5
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Actually it falls off from the first reported delinquency. So if it was first delinquent in 01, it will come off your report in 08. Alot of people get first reported confused.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.