Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge off and Bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Charge off and Bankruptcy

Another one I couldn't find anything on... In pulling my annual credit reports from the free site today I saw one of my accounts from First Premier that I had included in my bankruptcy was showing as a charge off in August 2015.  I had no idea that had happened and we filed bankruptcy 10/11/15 and the discharge was 1/21/16.  Again we didn't realize it had been charged off so it was included in our listing of creditors in our bankruptcy.  Should it have been updated to reflect included in bankruptcy or would it still be considered a charge off?  If it does remain a charge off, how much does that affect my score?  

Thanks for any help.  

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Charge off and Bankruptcy

If it was charged off before you filed, it remains a chargeoff.  That's what I was told.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the feedback. After reviewing mine and my husbands closer I found that only 1 out of 3 for each of us has it listed as a charge off as it was a shared card. In the comments on one of his it states charge off sept 15, then included in bk 10/15. So I will try it just in case. Thanks again.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it show a $0 balance? I don't think IIB vs charge off will make a difference, but $0 balance vs balance will probably affect your scores.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does show a $0 balance and then in the comments says the charge off and the amount. I know my reports will be a hot mess for a while just because of the BK, but I at least want them reporting correcting even if it doesnt change my score. Thanks

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.