cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CC not reporting to any CRAs... 10+ years of on-time payments. 50% utilization.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase CC not reporting to any CRAs... 10+ years of on-time payments. 50% utilization.

Hey all, 

I am in the process of rebuilding my credit, and I'm in kind of a unique spot. I have a 10 year old Chase CC tradeline that isn't reporting to any agencies. Has been open for 10 years, perfect repayment history, and is sitting at about 50% utilization. 

My CR only shows 3 open tradelines... (a CC with 1% utilization, and 2 auto leases). 

All of the score simulators seem to be showing that I'm being penalized for having few tradelines, average age of accounts (2 years) and low credit limit.

TransUnion is currently sitting at 689, and I really want to break 700 ASAP because I am trying to rent a new house... wondering if I should try to get the credit line added to my report, or if I'm risking a score drop because of the utilization... 

Any advice?  

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CC not reporting to any CRAs... 10+ years of on-time payments. 50% utilization.

Is this a business card?

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase CC not reporting to any CRAs... 10+ years of on-time payments. 50% utilization.

Negative. Personal.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My CR only shows 3 open tradelines... (a CC with 1% utilization, and 2 auto leases). 

All of the score simulators seem to be showing that I'm being penalized for having few tradelines, average age of accounts (2 years) and low credit limit.

How many closed accounts do you have?  These are also counted toward the total number of tradelines.

What is your Age of Oldest Account (open or closed)?

Where are you getting your scores from?  Size of credit limit does not in itself affect FICO scores.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How many closed accounts do you have?  These are also counted toward the total number of tradelines.

What is your Age of Oldest Account (open or closed)?

Where are you getting your scores from?  Size of credit limit does not in itself affect FICO scores.

Closed: 19 

Open: 3

Oldest: 26 years

Utilization: 1%

Available Credit: $1515

Scores: from Credit Karma / Experian app / Credit Wise / etc. 

I did just open a new card with $3000 limit, that has not yet reported. 

If I get the Chase card added, it will add $8500 to total credit line, but ~$3800 to balance. 

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

700 score is irrelevant to renting a house. (Over 20 years of rental poperty ownership).

Yes they will look at your score to make sure it’s not subprime. But they will mostly look at your report. The only thing they are looking for is negatives. Lates, Bankruptcies, Repos, Colletions. How much credit you have is also irrelevant. It only comes into play when they run DTI calculation. Your income is the most important thing in that calc.

oh also they will run a check for evictions and to see if you owe any past landlords any back rent.

As for the card not reporting is it your card or are you an  authorized user?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Getting the Chase card onto your reports will not increase your Age of Oldest Account (your AoOA is 26) but will increase your CC utilization a lot.  I would not try to fix the nonreporting of the Chase card until you have paid your Chase card to zero.

PS.  Moving forward I would ignore all scores that are not FICO scores.  That includes, for example, your scores from Karma and CreditWise.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

700 score is irrelevant to renting a house. (Over 20 years of rental poperty ownership).

Yes they will look at your score to make sure it’s not subprime. But they will mostly look at your report. The only thing they are looking for is negatives. Lates, Bankruptcies, Repos, Colletions. How much credit you have is also irrelevant. It only comes into play when they run DTI calculation. Your income is the most important thing in that calc.

oh also they will run a check for evictions and to see if you owe any past landlords any back rent.

As for the card not reporting is it your card or are you an  authorized user?

I wish that was the case, but I've literally just lost TWO rentals because my "FICO wasn't high enough". I am renting in a highly competitive market (Bellevue WA), and both of the owners were Chinese, who seem to have a cultural leaning towards " social scoring models".  

No collections. No evictions. No bankruptices. I have 2 30-day lates from 2 years ago... but that's it. 11 years of perfect rental history without a single late payment. 

The last property manager told me that if I can't break 700, I'm going to have a real problem finding someone who will rent to me. 

I even offered 3 months rent as security deposit(!).  

Feeling pretty defeated, to be honest. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Getting the Chase card onto your reports will not increase your Age of Oldest Account (your AoOA is 26) but will increase your CC utilization a lot.  I would not try to fix the nonreporting of the Chase card until you have paid your Chase card to zero.

PS.  Moving forward I would ignore all scores that are not FICO scores.  That includes, for example, your scores from Karma and CreditWise.

Got it, thanks.  

Does that mean I should avoid everything except MyFICO? (I assume it's the only place to get the official scores?)

Message 9 of 12
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

The scores you're getting from Experian are FICO scores.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.