Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Journey is...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Credit Journey is...

Well... Horrible to put it mildly. I'm sure anyone who has it already knows it, but I was messing around with it and just... wow. Outside of it being Vant3 when Chase doesn't use Vant3.... Their score simulator is more useless than the FAKO scores. I got bored and trying it out, tried a few things, nothing much changes. Then I came across a real funny...

Option: Pay off all owed: 2 point drop.

Option: Get new 5k card: 1 point increase.

Option: Close oldest account: 2 point increase.

Options: 99 Days late all accounts, and maxed out all: 5 point INCREASE

So apparently, according to Chase credit journey... my BEST option to increase my score is to royally screw it up. Smiley Happy For some reason, I feel like their score simulator might be lying to me.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Journey is...

Ha - that's hilarious.   Surprised they don't have the option of "get usurious loan from loan shark." 

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Ha - that's hilarious.   Surprised they don't have the option of "get usurious loan from loan shark." 

Remember to pester your local loan shark to make sure to report your 60-90% APR loan to your credit reports. Smiley Wink Would the loss of a limb or other such important thing count as a charge off?

Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice!  I'll have to play with it when I log on next time.  It seems like logical advice.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Nice!  I'll have to play with it when I log on next time.  It seems like logical advice.

Keep us update with what it suggests you do! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

pr.JPGvs.JPG

Apparently wage garnishments, a foreclosure, and failure to pay child support are good for about a 17 point increase.

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

😂🤣😅😁 ....can’t...stop...laughing.....
Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate all of these simulators out there.  All of them. 

You see OP, you're smart enough to see through the BS.  There are people out there that don't visit this (or any) forum and have extremely limited knowledge when it comes to anything credit-related.  Those that aren't in the know like many of us may actually believe some of these things that simulators tell them.  Whether or not they act upon them is a different story, but without question they can be extremely misleading, especially to those that aren't educated enough to see through the BS.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's why all users here at myfico have to be the conduit between here and at least friends/family. Gotta save who we can.
Message 9 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

Not only is it typically terrible, they recently "updated" the interface of the application- aside from the simulator (which is obviously trash). The features and functions don't even operate properly. For instance, if you look up an account, it will pull up said account, but all the information listed will be from a different account on your report. You would think a huge respectable establishment such as Chase, JP Morgan would provide a well refined tool for it's customer base.

Or at bare minimum, work out the bugs before launching this garbage.

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.