Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Credit Journey is...

tag
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Chase Credit Journey is...

I actually got into an argument with my sister over the Chase Credit Journey.    
While I really like CK & WalletHub for report monitoring, all of the fluff reporting and trying to explain things to (real life) people can be irritating.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 11 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@calyx

So many analogies come to mind, some even borderline mean. But, then I think- well, we all were credit ignorant at some point.

However, it's one thing to lack the knowledge and accept that as-is and an entirely different thing when you choose not to accept further knowledge when it's offered to you. At that point, it's considerably lazy to not take a little initiative, put forth a little effort to see the exact truth versus a fuzzy image.

Message 12 of 20
calyx
Super Contributor

@SoCalifornia wrote:
@calyx

So many analogies come to mind, some even borderline mean. But, then I think- well, we all were credit ignorant at some point.

However, it's one thing to lack the knowledge and accept that as-is and an entirely different thing when you choose not to accept further knowledge when it's offered to you. At that point, it's considerably lazy to not take a little initiative, put forth a little effort to see the exact truth versus a fuzzy image.

Absolutely re: credit ignorance.  Hell, if I talked to 'me' from two years ago, I would probably be just as annoyed.  It's funny re: sister, we have no problem learning from each other, but she refuses to let go of the idea that Credit Journey is absolutely the same as anything any bank would use.

But then again, we have never stopped arguing over whether it's better to take the statement credit vs store credit for the amazon card Smiley Wink

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 13 of 20
SoCalifornia
Frequent Contributor

@calyx

Same here. Wish I could shake the crap outta 'two- year ago me'.

Also, statement credit vs store credit translates to me as, 'pay myself money' or 'give it to Amazon'. I would gladly take the former 😎

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to get more examples! Come on people, go theoretically screw up your credit and see what Chase thinks of it. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Question on this - I have also found the Chase Credit Journey simular to give me some pretty questionable results. For example, my husband just maxed out his only credit card for a large purchase and his score on Chase is crazy low (not sure what it was on Chase before the max-out). So right now, with 99% utilization, his score is only 610. The similator says that if we pay down his card to 75%, then his credit score will jump up to 740. This seems off. There's no question that his score took a hit when he maxed it out, but I cannot imagine that it's going to go up 130 points (he's paying the card off copletely this week).

Related to this, I'm pretty surprised his score is only 610. I would have expected it to be higher than that, even with the maxed out card (he only has one card). Does anyone know if the Chase Credit Journey scores themselves are reputable?

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 16 of 20
MBOhio2
Established Contributor

Chase Credit Journey - Accurate?

Has anyone been able to compare their actual FICO score from TransUnion with the Chase Credit Journey score shown on Chase's website? It says it's "powered by TransUnion" and "Based on VantageScore 3.0" but I'm not entirely sure what that means.

I am planning to apply for a loan through my credit union and I know they use TransUnion, so I'm trying to get a sense of whether the Chase Credit Journey is accurate or if the credit union could actually pull a different number.

Thanks!

Mid-2010 Starting Scores: FAKO EQ 476 FAKO EX 506 FICO TU98 575
July 2017 Current Scores: Approx 710 (waiting for official updates)
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Journey - Accurate?

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Has anyone been able to compare their actual FICO score from TransUnion with the Chase Credit Journey score shown on Chase's website? It says it's "powered by TransUnion" and "Based on VantageScore 3.0" but I'm not entirely sure what that means.

I am planning to apply for a loan through my credit union and I know they use TransUnion, so I'm trying to get a sense of whether the Chase Credit Journey is accurate or if the credit union could actually pull a different number.

Thanks!

You've been a member of these forums since 2011 and you claim you don't know what those statements mean?  What they actually mean is that Chase Credit Journey provides a VantageScore 3.0 score calculated from the data in your TransUnion credit report.

There's very little correlation between FICO scores and VantageScore 3.0 scores; the two scoring models weigh various credit factors differently.  In all likelihood your credit union will use a FICO score and it makes little sense to think that it will be the same as a VS3.0 score.  The score provided by Chase Credit Journey is accurate but its not a FICO score.

Message 18 of 20
ibebarrett
Regular Contributor

Funny thing is Chase Journey is VantageScore from TU....and they pull EQ and EX from me......meanwhile my TU is the best report and VS3 inflates my score way higher than FICO 8. Makes no sense to me whatsoever!

FICO 8. EQ - 682. EX - 703. TU - 703
FICO 9. EQ - 735. EX - 716. TU - 749

Capital One Quicksilver - $2350 || Care Credit - $23500 || Costco Citi - $7500 || Redstone FCU Secured - $350 || Chase FU - $6600 || Discover - $2100 || Apple Card - $5000 || Wells Fargo - $7000 || REI Co-op - $15,500 || Citi Diamond Preferred - $2800
AMEX Amazon Business - $5500 || Chase Ink Unlimited - $3000
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Credit Journey - Accurate?

@MBOhio2 wrote:

Has anyone been able to compare their actual FICO score from TransUnion with the Chase Credit Journey score shown on Chase's website?

The comparison would be like comparing apples to oranges, as you'd be attempting to compare VS 3.0 to Fico.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.