Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase/Credit score disparity question

tag
betterdays2011
Contributor

Chase/Credit score disparity question

This morning when I was checking all of our accounts I decided to check my credit score on Chase, something I have never done before.  I was shocked by the disparity between the TransUnion number reported by Chase (606) and the one on MyFico (660).  I looked through all the versions - auto score, mortgage, 2, 4, 8, 9, etc.  and none were that low.  Thoughts?  

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Re: Chase/Credit score disparity question

Chase is giving you a Vantage Score, not a FICO score. 2 different algorithms.
Message 2 of 6
betterdays2011
Contributor

Thanks. I had never even heard of the Vantage score until now.  I am very concerned.  We are preparing to apply for an auto loan and my understanding was the vast majority of lenders rely on FICO scores.   But from my very quick research, more are using Vantage, including - apparently Chase.  

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

From what I've read, they are only giving them to you, for monitoring purposes, but they aren't using those scores in order to grant anything. I've read they use FICO for decision making
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn’t worry about it; vantage is lower for most ppl. I’m ~820-830 FICO8 on all 3 bureaus and ~785 vantage.
Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I wouldn’t worry about it; vantage is lower for most ppl. I’m ~820-830 FICO8 on all 3 bureaus and ~785 vantage.

Heh, for funsy's my TU VS 3 is 796 and EQ VS 3 is 798.

60D late on TU and 30D late on EQ, both are around 750 FICO 8.

There's still very few lenders who are using Vantage for underwriting, or at least not as the primary score: FICO is still getting pulled and that's the one they're relying on for the most part.  Vantage is also the primary free score being offered in most places cause, well, it's free, though FICO and namely Experian have gotten better at that in the past year or so and now everyone can get a EX FICO 8 once a month at least.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.