Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase CreditJourney - Now experian vantage

tag
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase CreditJourney - Now experian vantage

@snickerpedia wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place but just wanted to let people know that the chase credit journey is now your experian score not transunionSmiley Happy

---update - ok well my friends is still powered by TU but mine is now powered by experian----weird.

Thanks for the info.  Just logged on and mine also powered by Experian.  Next update will be May 27th, guess it will get updated every seven days.  Good, 'cause now I don't have to wait a month from Experian website.

Message 11 of 26
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

@pt91978 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

Not sure if this is the right place but just wanted to let people know that the chase credit journey is now your experian score not transunionSmiley Happy

---update - ok well my friends is still powered by TU but mine is now powered by experian----weird.

Thanks for the info.  Just logged on and mine also powered by Experian.  Next update will be May 27th, guess it will get updated every seven days.  Good, 'cause now I don't have to wait a month from Experian website.

Except you are getting VS3 scores from Credit Journey, and FICO scores from Experian's website. VS3 scores are pretty close to meaningless. The score on the EX site is the one that matters. 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 12 of 26
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@Ficoproblems247 wrote:

@pt91978 wrote:

@snickerpedia wrote:

Except you are getting VS3 scores from Credit Journey, and FICO scores from Experian's website. VS3 scores are pretty close to meaningless. The score on the EX site is the one that matters. 

...except, it is still nice to compare.

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 13 of 26
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Mine has trasferred over to the Experian version of Vantage Score. A couple of observations on it that I have below.

-I check the Experian FICO regularly and the accounts the are list in Experian VS are the same ones. For instance I've added to Experian FICO utility reporting. Those same accounts show up as part of Experian FICO. 

-The number of credit pulls under Transunion VS that I had was 2. That number under Experian VS is 10, the same as my Experian FICO report.

-The credit file is sequenced from last updated first. I had an account that reported May 17th so that was the very first to list and one that is due to report on May 25th is at the bottom of the stack. Didn't do that before with TU VS.

-Experian had always left out a LOC I had with a local community bank. Now its left out in Credit Journey so my utilization dropped from 9% to 6% overnight.

My guess is credit journey is going to update a lot quicker than before as Experian usually had alerts on changes to my credit profile in less than a week, not 3 or 4 as sometimes the case with Transunion. Chase must have liked Experian's more through reporting to make a decision to go with them.

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 14 of 26
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Yup, just checked mine and it’s powered by Experian. Thanks for the info. What would be a real plot twist is, if we all woke up one day and lenders had switched to Vantage 3.0. That would shake everything up.

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 15 of 26
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Wish I had read this thread before late last night, when I logged into the app and noticed the entirely new Experian setup.  Well, on a plus side as reported, it's alot more involved with alot more report data in the Credit Journey app now.  On the downside as also mentioned, man it shows even more Inquiries and other things that TU did not.  It's great to see it but, I feel like Chase has that much more of a look into my soul.

Message 16 of 26
JeffMO
Regular Contributor

Mine is still TU as of today

Capital one 500, Discover 11.1k. UMB Signature visa 18.5k, DW UMB card Auth user 16K. Citi Costco anywhere 26.6k, Amazon Prime 22.3K
BH/Comenity Photo 10k Lowes advantage 35k
AAOA 2y4m, oldest 5 years. 0 collections. 125k income, Util 1% inq 1/12. 1/24. 30/60/90 = 0, No derog's, clean file. Rebuilding started 4 years ago.
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 795
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 26
WTL1
New Contributor

If you have been signed up for Credit Journey in the past, all your history is now lost.

Message 18 of 26
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

Mine is still showing TU. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine is still TU. 

07B2E094-5B5D-43E8-BF5C-8EC691E76E76.jpeg

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.