Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Internal Scores (CARS)

tag
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Myfico fam members- I was hoping that some of you would be able to give me examples of the Chase internal scores you have received, how they compared to FICO scores, and at what score level do you start seeing at least minimal approvals for say the freedom, the slate, amazon VISA, etc??  Recon or Instant

Thank you everyone as always for your help 

Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
ACG23
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase Internal Scores (CARS)

Good question!

Chase gave me a 620 CARS score last October in denying my Freedom application. That score was actually on-the-nose with my Equifax FICO at the time. I'm betting that was coincidence though.

With my FICOs as you see below, I'm hoping to try again after my utilization updates soon. 

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 14
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Thanks for the reply! Any more insight out there?

Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Message 3 of 14
ACG23
Regular Contributor

I keep hoping someone else will jump in; Chase is such a popular lender here, surely others have experience. Maybe you could try reposting in the Credit Cards forum? It's generally better-trafficked. 

Gardening since May 2015
Starting Score: 585
Current Score: 770 EX
Goal Score: 790

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Chase Internal Scores (CARS)- please advise

Myfico fam members- I was hoping that some of you would be able to give me examples of the Chase internal scores you have received, how they compared to FICO scores, and at what score level do you start seeing at least minimal approvals for say the freedom, the slate, amazon VISA, etc??  Recon or Instant

Thank you everyone as always for your help 

I posted this originally in app approvals and it was moved to credit scoring and didn't see much action there. Several others expressed interest in hopefully getting some insight and experience from some of the many many Chase members here. 

Thsnks again 

OP,

Posting the same topic in multiple boards can result in having threads removed.  If you are not getting traffic on your thread, do not re-post or cross post It is a violation of our TOS. 

• "Bombing” FICO Forums or individual threads with repetitive or meaningless postings, postings unrelated to the purpose of FICO Forums, excessive cross-posting;

Lexie, myFICO Moderator

Message 5 of 14
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Internal Scores (CARS)- please advise

For chase i would say high 600's to low 700s for approval, because for me personally i applied with about 80% utilization at the time mainly long story short it was before all my cards reported so my score was probably down 650 - 670 would be my guess. I was instant approved, usually my score is in the 700's and was getting pre-approvals for freedom and slate. 

Hope that gives you a rough estimate Smiley Happy however here were my stats when applied:

10 inqs.

AAOA - 1 yr 9 mos

Util - 80%

100% payment history

no baddies

So maybe that helps more?

BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 6 of 14
l8erg8er
New Contributor

Re: Chase Internal Scores (CARS)- please advise

I had to recon and got a small starting limit but when I got the Chase Freedom last month my stats were

11 inquiries
AAOA - 1 month
Util - 2%
100% payment history
9 new accounts in the last 6 months
1 boa charge off from 2008
1 judgement for medical collection 2013
The TU score that they sent with the card was 585

so I obviously got lucky.

Starting Score: Dec 2013 High 500's Across the board
Current Score: Aug 2014 - TU 671, EX 671, EQ - 676

Capital One Venture || $7000 Total Rewards Visa - $6300 || Chase Sapphire - $5000 || DCU Platinum - $5,000 || Barclays Frontier - $3500 || BOA Cash Rewards $1500 || Barclays Carnival Rewards - $1300 || Chase Freedom - $500 || Capital One QuicksiverOne - $500 || Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard - $750 || Capital One Platinum - $1300 || Care Credit - $1000 || Victoria's Secret $900 || Amazon - $400 || Jcrew - $1450 || Overstock Store $1500 || Old Navy - $300
Message 7 of 14
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

When I applied for Freedom in January 2013 Chase gave me an application score of 691 but my EQ Fico was 790 and EX 809 Smiley Sad ..that is how I ended up with 22,99% APR!

Message 8 of 14
Boragard
Established Contributor

When I got my freedom this January my internal score was about 650 or less with Chase.  I reconned the heck out of it until I was approved.

Message 9 of 14
ecocredit
New Contributor

@Boragard wrote:

When I got my freedom this January my internal score was about 650 or less with Chase.  I reconned the heck out of it until I was approved.

Is there a way to see these scores? I have a Freedom but I never saw this score...

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.