Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase New! Free Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New free Chase "Credit Journey" service/score

I completely agree and was thinking not 10 min ago about making my own post on this. As big a lender as Chase is, I don't know why they chose to go vantage. Discover is offering fico scorecard to anyone. Chase comes out with something similar, yet goes vantage. It will absolutely confuse some people.

I don't understand why slate is the only product with a fico score. I think chase has the best cards available. There are so many I want that end up being chase. I already have 3, some have 10. It seems crazy to come out with this product and not offer a fico score.

As far as chase using it in their decision. I've never heard that. My freedom unlimited and original freedom both had their internal scoring used, CARS, or credit acquisition risk score.
Message 11 of 29
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

maybe vantage factors into a CARS score?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 12 of 29
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Free vantage score?. That's like the trash bringing itself back in from the curb. Smiley Indifferent

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 13 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

fltireguy, can't be sure. I inquired once. Got xfered a few times. Didn't really get much of an answer. I ended up just figuring it wouldn't make much difference to me if I knew anyway.
Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it's been around for a while. The funny thing is that it tells you how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months.

LOL.. true and it does inclue all trade lines not just credit cards Smiley Wink

I recently purchased an account with EIDT for the specific purpose of monitoring NEW collections added by the [3] credit reporting agencies. Will the service provided by Chase Journey effectively provide this service for free?

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yeah it's been around for a while. The funny thing is that it tells you how many accounts you've opened in the last 24 months.

LOL.. true and it does inclue all trade lines not just credit cards Smiley Wink

I recently purchased an account with EIDT for the specific purpose of monitoring NEW collections added by the [3] credit reporting agencies. Will the service provided by Chase Journey effectively provide this service for free?

I am not sure but I don't think it provide real time monitoring service.. and even if it does, mostly it will be only from TU.. others may provide more details.

Message 16 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I received the email, I was very happy.....

That feeling quickly vanished when I realized it wasn't the Experian FICO score that comes with the Slate card (that I do not have), but yet another outlet to obtain the Vantage score.

Blah...I know FICO is the pack leader but Vantage scoring must mean something to Chase if they are offering *anyone* a view for free.
Message 17 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
When I received the email, I was very happy.....

That feeling quickly vanished when I realized it wasn't the Experian FICO score that comes with the Slate card (that I do not have), but yet another outlet to obtain the Vantage score.

Blah...I know FICO is the pack leader but Vantage scoring must mean something to Chase if they are offering *anyone* a view for free.

Yes, it means it's cheaper to offer than licensing from FICO  Smiley Wink

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cap1's credit journey is better IMO seeing as it shows you a decent chunk of your TU CR along with the FAKO. Good way to keep an eye on things even if the VS3.0 is relatively useless. I don't like my VS3.0 because it's 50 points lower than my FICO 8's Smiley Tongue

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same score you get from Credit Karma.  Or Credit Sesame.  Or Credit Wise.  Or probably a half-dozen other places. 

I'm still looking for someone to provide a free monthly EQ FICO 08.  Combine with an EX 08 from Amex and a TU 08 from Discover (or many other lenders) having an EQ 08 would complete the trifecta.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.