cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase New! Free Credit Score

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Same score you get from Credit Karma.  Or Credit Sesame.  Or Credit Wise.  Or probably a half-dozen other places. 

 

I'm still looking for someone to provide a free monthly EQ FICO 08.  Combine with an EX 08 from Amex and a TU 08 from Discover (or many other lenders) having an EQ 08 would complete the trifecta.


Let me know if you find one for EQ. BTW the Discover scorecard is an EX 08 also -- I get both TU and EX from Disco, purposely staggered two weeks apart. Smiley Happy

Message 21 of 29
Klad
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score


@Anonymous wrote:

@BrutalBodyShots wrote:

Same score you get from Credit Karma.  Or Credit Sesame.  Or Credit Wise.  Or probably a half-dozen other places. 

 

I'm still looking for someone to provide a free monthly EQ FICO 08.  Combine with an EX 08 from Amex and a TU 08 from Discover (or many other lenders) having an EQ 08 would complete the trifecta.


Let me know if you find one for EQ. BTW the Discover scorecard is an EX 08 also -- I get both TU and EX from Disco, purposely staggered two weeks apart. Smiley Happy


Citi cards provide EQ 09 and I believe few CUs provide EQ 08

FICO EX 748, EQ 752, TU 746| Total CL $209,000| INQ EX 7, EQ 6, TU 5:12 Months EX 5, EQ 5, TU 4| AAoA 20 months
CSR $29000Schwab PlatinumCIP $10000PRGAviator Red $8000Pathfinder Rewards $5000Merril+ $15000Merril+ $5000
Double Cash $8800Premium Rewards $20000BCP $34500CF $8000ED $16300Discover $8900Cash Rewards $5500Arrival $15000Macys $20000
Message 22 of 29
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Chase is offering free credit score now.

I got an email that Chase will be offering a free Tranunion credit score it is called Chase Credit Journey.

 

It does not say FICO so I assume it is a FAKO. Will be updated weekly.

 

***I just read the enrollment page and it states VantageScore.***

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 23 of 29
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score

I have seen some EQ varieties, but never 08. Citi is currently doing 09? I thought they did a bank card enhanced score or one of those less common FICO versions?
Message 24 of 29
Klad
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score


@BrutalBodyShots wrote:
I have seen some EQ varieties, but never 08. Citi is currently doing 09? I thought they did a bank card enhanced score or one of those less common FICO versions?

I think you are right.. Citi uses FICO Bankcard Score 8 model from EQ and this is what Citi claims to use in lending decisions but for me they pulled EX not sure which model though.

FICO EX 748, EQ 752, TU 746| Total CL $209,000| INQ EX 7, EQ 6, TU 5:12 Months EX 5, EQ 5, TU 4| AAoA 20 months
CSR $29000Schwab PlatinumCIP $10000PRGAviator Red $8000Pathfinder Rewards $5000Merril+ $15000Merril+ $5000
Double Cash $8800Premium Rewards $20000BCP $34500CF $8000ED $16300Discover $8900Cash Rewards $5500Arrival $15000Macys $20000
Message 25 of 29
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score


@Klad wrote:


I think you are right.. Citi uses FICO Bankcard Score 8 model from EQ and this is what Citi claims to use in lending decisions but for me they pulled EX not sure which model though.


Gotcha.  Sometimes lenders will use one model for the initial lending decision (new account) and use a completely different one for an open account for account review for things like CLIs and such.  Perhaps Citi uses EQ Bankcard Score 8 for existing accounts but pulls something else for new applicants.  

 

It seems that providing a free EQ FICO 08 score is still the unicorn out there that needs to be found...

Message 26 of 29
Roodog26
Frequent Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score

@BBS

My credit union gives me eq 08 for having a checking acct. I don't have a cc thru that particular CU. I get TU from 2 lenders, 3 before canceling my barclaycard. I get experian from discover scorecard. Not sure who else is giving eq. Like u said, seems to be hard to find.
Message 27 of 29
BrutalBodyShots
Super Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score

Interesting.  Which CU if you don't mind me asking?  I'm assuming not one of the major ones?

Message 28 of 29
fordguy89
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase New! Free Credit Score

The Vantage scores tend to get in line with real FICO scores the less new account and INQ you have, which totally falls in line with chases churning philosophy and 5/24. When my scores were off by almost 100 points it was because of the appspree which did skew my fico scored more than 30 points but Credit Karma burned at the stake for it.
Open one, close three. Open one, close three.
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.