Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Reporting advice...

tag
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Chase Reporting advice...

Hello all,

I usually PIF my Chase FU 1 or 2 days after i receive statement. That resulted in Chase reporting my balance as always zero for the life of account ( 6 months ). I wanted to start letting chase report a balance once in a while so :

1. How long should i wait after statement is cut for chase to report it ?

2. Considering chase will always report PIF, if let a balance report and PIF after that, does that mean chase will report twice that month ? meaning chase is not a good option for the "one" in Azeo. ( i really don't practice Azeo, just using that as a reference ). 

Appreciate any advice...

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Re: Chase Reporting advice...

1) I'm pretty sure the statement balance is what is reported even if it takes a few days to actually show up at the CB so you can pay it as soon as the statement is generated.

2) that sounds like a fair assessment.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 2 of 11
Chelow
Regular Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

1) I'm pretty sure the statement balance is what is reported even if it takes a few days to actually show up at the CB so you can pay it as soon as the statement is generated.

2) that sounds like a fair assessment.

Thanks for the reply...

That's what i've been doing and i haven't had any balance reported from Chase. Always zero. I monitor my accounts with Exp CreditWorks premium and myFico 3B+.

They do report highest balance but that is a different input.   

Message 3 of 11
FlaDude
Established Contributor

If you're letting the statement show a balance and they paying right away, then either Chase is only reporting zero, or it is reporting both, but close enough so that it's effectively one report. If you want to show a balance most of the time, then you might want to wait until close to the next statement date before paying the last statement. 

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 11
Chelow
Regular Contributor

@FlaDude wrote:

If you're letting the statement show a balance and they paying right away, then either Chase is only reporting zero, or it is reporting both, but close enough so that it's effectively one report. If you want to show a balance most of the time, then you might want to wait until close to the next statement date before paying the last statement. 

Yeah. I think they are only reporting zero and got "accustomed" to me PIF just after i receive the statement by Email. I am gonna try and wait longer, and monitor CB's to see how long they take to report the balance. 

Thank you for the help !!!

Message 5 of 11
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

@Chelowand @FlaDude, Chase reports whatever your statement balance is. And they report zero whenever you pay to zero. If you pay promptly after the statement cuts, the statement balance might not make it onto the report, and zero will be reported. Or you might see your statement balance reported for about a day.

So you're right. Chase isn't a good option for your AZEO card. But it's a great card if you have more balances than you'd like and want to get one off your report fast. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the clarity @HeavenOhio !

That’s what I was trying to figure out. So everybody that constantly PIF their Chase card doesn’t have a balance history within the CB’s ?

Message 7 of 11
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Chelow wrote:

That’s what I was trying to figure out. So everybody that constantly PIF their Chase card doesn’t have a balance history within the CB’s ?

Unless your limit doesn't allow it. Set autopay and let the payment deduct 3 to 5 days before the due date. Easy peasy! 

You'll get a balance reported every month. And you're still PIFing.

Message 8 of 11
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Good mood.... Good advice.!

Thank you !

Message 9 of 11
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Chelow wrote:

Unless your limit doesn't allow it. Set autopay and let the payment deduct 3 to 5 days before the due date. Easy peasy! 

You'll get a balance reported every month. And you're still PIFing.

Another option is to make sure a new charge has posted to the account before you PIF the statement balance.

Example.

Statement cuts on 1st of the month with a $100.00 balance reported to the CRAs

You make a purchase on the 3rd, and it posts to the account on the 5th.

On the 6th you may now PIF your statement balance of $100 without Chase updating their reporting.

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.