cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Selected for you and new accounts...

tag
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Chase Selected for you and new accounts...

Hi Everybody, 

I have been seing a green check mark on my accounts home page for CSP for the last 3 months. It was a solid APR and all the good news. I left it alone because i recently got an Amex CM, and just wanted to garden it till the end of the year considering everything i learned here about chase and new accounts. 

The day after the new Amex account reported to all bureaus, the offer is gone. Vanished like it was an Illusion. Bummer !!! 

Not a big a deal, but has anybody here seen this kind of behavior happen before.? If so, do you think it'll come back eventually ? 

Nothing on reports have changed besides the new account. Scores dropped 3Ex/5Eq/8Tu (points) for a week and recovered right back. UTL 4%

Intriguing huh ?  

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase Selected for you and new accounts...

It is Chase, lol
Message 2 of 8
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Indeed. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Chelow wrote:

Hi Everybody, 

I have been seing a green check mark on my accounts home page for CSP for the last 3 months. It was a solid APR and all the good news. I left it alone because i recently got an Amex CM, and just wanted to garden it till the end of the year considering everything i learned here about chase and new accounts. 

The day after the new Amex account reported to all bureaus, the offer is gone. Vanished like it was an Illusion. Bummer !!! 

Not a big a deal, but has anybody here seen this kind of behavior happen before.? If so, do you think it'll come back eventually ? 

Nothing on reports have changed besides the new account. Scores dropped 3Ex/5Eq/8Tu (points) for a week and recovered right back. UTL 4%

Intriguing huh ?  

Yes it is. Might just be a coincidence. If you're interested in the CSP, and within reasonable proximity to a branch, you might want to stop in and ask if there are any in-branch preapprovals for you for a CSP.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 8
Chelow
Regular Contributor

Thank you @SouthJamaica ! Yes, I think it could be just coincidence. I did have an in-branch offer as well when I went to open a 2% CD on February 25. But I declined considering i was waiting for Amex to report. I am currently gardening until October to let my newest account age a bit and will check after that.

Thanks again for the reply and suggestion.!

Message 5 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Chelow wrote:
Thank you @SouthJamaica ! Yes, I think it could be just coincidence. I did have an in-branch offer as well when I went to open a 2% CD on February 25. But I declined considering i was waiting for Amex to report. I am currently gardening until October to let my newest account age a bit and will check after that.

The in-branch & green-checkmark preapprovals are not always on the same track. I recently had an in-branch preapproval but have never had a green-checkmark preapproval.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 6 of 8
Chelow
Regular Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Chelow wrote:

The in-branch & green-checkmark preapprovals are not always on the same track. I recently had an in-branch preapproval but have never had a green-checkmark preapproval.

That's good to know. I tought they were correlated. Anyways, i will definitely stop by a branch when i am ready to app. 

Thanks for the info !

Message 7 of 8
Petit3tee
Contributor

I received an offer for CSP back in Jan but wasn’t interested and it disappeared within a few weeks. Last week I applied right on their website without any offer and was approved (3/27) right after I was also approved (3/20) for my Amex gold. Not sure if yours was related to their 5/24 or 2/30 rules. Hope this helps
Current status: Gardening as of 5/2019 Projected: TBD

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.