Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Slate will stop providing monthly FICO score

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Chase Slate will stop providing monthly FICO score

I just got a secure message on my Slate account that they will stop providing their current "Slate Credit Dashboard" that displays the Experian FICO score on June 9, 2019. They are pushing their Vantage based "Credit Journey" instead. While Amex still provides a FICO score with some cards, they seem to be de-emphasing that too in favor of their Vantage based "MyCredit Guide", I wonder if they will follow by dropping the FICO. That also leads to the question of whether other card providers that currently give monthly FICO scores will move away from that.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Slate will stop providing monthly FICO score

Another way for banks to cut costs is all this is. FICO scores are more expensive to obtain then vantage.

Almost every major bank provides a FICO score monthly. The list is extensive.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 2 of 13
Lucifer
Frequent Contributor

3 of my 9 credit score access points are now Vantage based scores.

Stay Liquid My Friends...

Starting Score: F8 3xx
Current Score: F8 800+
Goal Score: F8 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 13
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@Shadowfactor wrote:

Another way for banks to cut costs is all this is. FICO scores are more expensive to obtain then vantage.

Certainly so, that's what leads to the question of whether this will spread.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 4 of 13
importxpresions
Regular Contributor

Chase Ending Free Access to FICO Score for CC holders

It is still allowing access to the Vantage Score through transunion through Chase Credit Journey. Don't know what happened but it's pretty inconvenient, so keep this in mind if your reading other posts that state you have access to the FICO score through Chase cards.

Current:

Mortgage applications waiting for market to calm down
Message 5 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Chase Ending Free Access to FICO Score for CC holders

Well this actually has a wider meaning in the credit market.

Almost all the free FICO scores were provided under the FICO Open Access program with absurdly few exceptions (DCU’s program predates it for example but not many others’ do).

What FICO Open Access offered is if a lender pulled a FICO score as part of their account reviews on existing customers, they could provide that score free of charge to the customer directly.

A lot of lenders took advantage of this, but with some lenders stepping away it means something concrete:

They are no longer pulling a FICO score for their account reviews.

That has some interesting implications for the wider market, namely either FICO is too expensive compared to other algorithms or otherwise not providing a better analysis, and that lenders are switching to other algorithms for reviews and quite possibly for UW in the future.

Not a good look for Fair Issac.

        
Message 6 of 13
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Chase??? Using Vantage for internal scoring and CLI's???

That's it... I've had enough internet today. Smiley Tongue Smiley Frustrated Smiley Indifferent

Message 7 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

@ChargedUp wrote:

Chase??? Using Vantage for internal scoring and CLI's???

That's it... I've had enough internet today. Smiley Tongue Smiley Frustrated Smiley Indifferent

Chase has been using them for years along with EX and EQ fico 8.

Message 8 of 13
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Really for the past several years the internal score Chase developed appears to have “won” the underwriting debate.

Credit Journey or whatever it is, is just keeping up with the Joneses... or more cynically a cheap way to get access to their customer’s TU dataset by peddling a Vantage Score.

        
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

What FICO Open Access offered is if a lender pulled a FICO score as part of their account reviews on existing customers, they could provide that score free of charge to the customer directly.

A lot of lenders took advantage of this, but with some lenders stepping away it means something concrete:

They are no longer pulling a FICO score for their account reviews.

They could provide that score free of charge or they have to provide that score free of charge?  If they have to, I agree with what you said above.  If providing the FICO score that they pull is simply an option, I don't see why they could just opt to not provide it?  That being said, this doesn't mean that FICO scores are no longer being pulled necessarily, simply that they aren't being provided to the customer no?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.