Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Ultimate Rewards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Ultimate Rewards

I have this card and I can’t complain about it the only thing I don’t like and maybe I’m missing something is that when I use the card my credit score goes down but when I make a payment nothing happens. I have other cards and when a payment is posted to them my score usually goes up a little. Does anyone have same issue?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Ultimate Rewards

There are too many factors in play to say what did and didn't cause a score increase/decrease. Your Chase card is unique in that any balance paid in full gets reported right away to the bureaus regardless, not when a new statement is generated like most other banks. Whether that had a hand in scoring changes is hard to say without knowing more about your payment timing with your other cards, utilization both indivudually for each card and overall, and other datapoints.

Quite honestly, unless your concern is with a future loan application like a mortgage I would not worry too much about it. It sounds like you're a PIF person which will have their minimal ups and downs as usage goes and payments are made.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.