Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase account type?

tag
Reazon
New Contributor

Chase account type?

Hello all,
My CSP just reported after the first statement, and I noticed on Experian that the account type of blank, when my Discover and Cap one show credit card accounts.
Could this affect my score/or costing me positive points, by not listing the account properly?
Just curious as to what the Amex gold/green charge cards show on the account type?

Thank you
CSP 726/5K
AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/2K
Lowe's 0/17K
CAPONE QS 0/$750
DISCOVER IT SECURED 0/$300
RC WILLEY 0/$300
EX FICO 8= 711
EQ FICO 8= 735
TU FICO 8= 727
AS OF 05/12/2019
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase account type?

@Reazon wrote:
Hello all,
My CSP just reported after the first statement, and I noticed on Experian that the account type of blank, when my Discover and Cap one show credit card accounts.
Could this affect my score/or costing me positive points, by not listing the account properly?
Just curious as to what the Amex gold/green charge cards show on the account type?

Thank you

Your Chase Sapphire Preferred, Discover and Capital One accounts should all be listed with the Account Type of "Revolving."  If your CSP doesn't show an account type its probably a mistake by the bank and it will eventually be updated.

Why would you think that a new account reporting on your credit reports will cause you to gain points?  Typically a new account results in a loss of points since it represents increased risk as the creditor does not yet know how you will manage the account.  So no, not being classified as Revolving should not cost you any points.

Amex charge cards are also classified as Revolving, but they don't show a credit limit nor a usage percentage.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.