cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase card approved twice in a month and twice accounts closed!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase card approved twice in a month and twice accounts closed!!!

Hello , I have been reading a lot in this forum and for the past several years I did learn many lessons which I would like to take the time to thank you all you guys who are willing to throw some very thoughtful knowledge in here . So I am going to start with long story short, I did apply a Month and a half ago for the freedom card as usual I did receive the 30 day message ( I don’t have ssn due to traveling a lot out off the country but my parents are us citizens I never applied for one but I do have itin ) so i I’ve called the number after few question and verifications they did approved me for 1000$ after a week later I did download the app and did some changes after few hours my account has been closed after spending on the phone ton of hours talking to verify my self they did told me that they need the actual ssn but I have told em I don’t have one like they didn’t believe me , it past a month and I have decided to call again to try convince them to do something I did spoke with the manager of the fraud team and have explained again what happen never less I told her that I did send the documentations upon approval for verification and Been suspended again for verification is little bit more for my taste, so she advised me to re apply again or send them a letter from ssn that I don’t have one or I am not entitled to have one do she can help she was friendly and kind women, but providing a letter from ssn it was gonna get a lot of time to resolve this issue so I have decide to roll the dice and apply again this time for the unlimited card of course I hit the 30 days message and called again the same routine and got approved for 500$ this time ok so a week later I did added my card into my apple wallet and tried to pay on internet some product guess what happened I’ve received a message from apple pay my chase card has been removed from my wallet tried to log in into my chase app and I’ve couldn’t log in either I got pissed off and I got on the phone with chase they’ve transferred me to recovery team and told me to send again id and all paperwork so I’ve emailed to them and now I have to wait somebody to call me for further info.

So now I am asking for advice some help needed for this kind of situation what I am supposed to do who to call and some EO emails I can send to ? Any advice will be appreciated it. Thank you in advance.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase card approved twice in a month and twice accounts closed!!!

Isn't there a Social Security Administration office in the town/city where you live?  It would have taken a week at maximum to get a social security number and card by mail after applying.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I did call SSA but the process of getting all the paperwork they’ve told me is going to take at least a month , but what I am angry about it is I did my research and on the application it’s says clearly SSN/ITIN so this have made me think I can apply with the ITIN also I have been reading here all kind of people been taking those cards like a candy , on top of that I did send my ID’s and a copy of my ITIN upon approval and has been verified.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont quite get why you're angry; the bank needs to verify that you're actually who you say you are.  If you're going to participate in credit you need to have all your ducks lined up which would include having a social security number since you're a citizen.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

MaizeandBlue

I am not angry for requesting ssn my point was I did verify my self twice in a roll before I’ve been approved so to be closed down twice later on,
and by reading in the requirements of the app nowhere it says I need ssn like I said it’s asking for ssn/itin you can check in chase web app.
Message 5 of 7
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
MaizeandBlue

I am not angry for requesting ssn my point was I did verify my self twice in a roll before I’ve been approved so to be closed down twice later on,
and by reading in the requirements of the app nowhere it says I need ssn like I said it’s asking for ssn/itin you can check in chase web app.

Okay, it's tough love time.

I agree. It is disconcerting to be approved and then shut down. But the bottom line is Chase wants a SSN. It doesn't matter that they approved you twice and then had second thoughts about the verification they require. It also doesn't matter that others have been accepted with ITIN, or what is or is not on Chase's website. What matters is at this moment in time, they are not satisfied with the ITIN for one reason or another. They want a social security number. And honestly, it is their perjoragative to decide what additional verification is warranted since it's their product.

So, IMHO, whether it takes SS one month or two months to send you a SS card should not be the major concern. It's all about whether you want to play the hand Chase has dealt you. The ball is in your court.

GL2U

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 7
MakingProgress
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Yes I did call SSA but the process of getting all the paperwork they’ve told me is going to take at least a month , but what I am angry about it is I did my research and on the application it’s says clearly SSN/ITIN so this have made me think I can apply with the ITIN also I have been reading here all kind of people been taking those cards like a candy , on top of that I did send my ID’s and a copy of my ITIN upon approval and has been verified.

If Chase is handing out cards like candy then the candy they are handing out is the last piece in the bag and they aren't going to give it to just anybody.   

Like others have said Chase wants a SSN so get one and give it to them.   If you keep trying to get a card without one, the will stop approving you and then shutting it down they will just not approve you at all.   The more you try to get around what they want the more stubborn they are going to become. 

FICO 8 Starting Score

Current Scores

Garden Goal is All Reports Clean – Achieved 11/26/20
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.