Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase mortgage payments issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase mortgage payments issue

Good afternoon all. I have a very complicated situation going on and I need some guidance. I will try to make this as short as I can but there is a lot of information to give. Here I go;

I am disabled and live in NYS. I have a pooled trust that I submit bills to every month and the pooled trust company Mails out out checks every month to Chase, my mortgage company which gets delivered to a PO box in AZ. I have been doing this for over 6 years and have not had a problem until recently. For the whole 6 years it took only 4-8 calendar days to Chase to receive the check and process it. This is when the problem began:

On February 17th of this year, a check was sent from my pooled trust like it always is every month. By March 1st I noticed it did not post to my account yet. I called customer service starting Monday, March 1st and called them every day through Friday, March 5th and they said it has not been received and to call back Monday. I called them back first thing Monday morning and customer service said it has not been received and is not pending. I had to make a decision as it was 20 days at that point since it was sent out so I told Chase to put in their notes that I am going to stop payment on the check and for the payment processing department to not cash it. They said OK we will put it in our notes. Right after I hung up with them I called the pooled trust dept and told them to stop payment and they did. They said they would send a reissue check the next day and send it priority mail with the tracking number. I called Chase back right after speaking with the pooled trust dept and told them a reissue check will be sent out tomorrow and, again, to note not to cash the original check if they find it as a stop payment was just put on it.

On Tuesday, March 9th in the evening I see a payment was posted to my account. I called Chase the next morning and they verified it was the original check that was sent on February 17th and I said I called Chase to let inform them not to cash it because I was told the check was not received but I was told that the payment processing center does not get customer service notes. Mod cut - not here, please.  The reissue check was received at Chase's PO box on Saturday, March 13th.  At the end of the day on Tuesday, March 16th I was assesed a late charge but Chase took it off. That is the only thing they have done to help me although it is on my permanent record. 

As of today, they have not received the payment that was delivered to their PO Box on Satuday, March 13th. At first I was talking to this lady in customer service and I asked her if I could speak to anyone in the payment processing center. She said no. I asked if she could contact someone and she said not. I asked if there is anyone in Chase that could contact the payment processing center that I could speak to or she could speak to. She said no. I asked for the escalation department and for a little over a week they did not help me at all it was nightmare. I asked to speak to escalation dept in the US and she opened up a ticket to find the check. As of today it still has not been found. I contacted the post office and have a report ID and I got a formal letter from consumer affairs stating it was delivered on Satday, March 13th and where it was sent and the outside of the envelope was addressed to Chase. This escaltions person is doing nothing to really help me. She said she opened tickets to the manager of the payment processing center and it has not been found. On April 16th, there will be another late charge on my mortgage account and I was told they would waive it again but I don't want it on my record.

I was so upset at this point and I told the escalations manager that Chase should pay the morgage payment and then when they find the check they can take the money back. Of course she said we can't do that. I asked her what I should do. She said to wait until Tuesday, April 6th to see if the check is found. Then I asked her if it is not found what do they expect me to do because I have proven the second reissue check was mailed to them. She said it was up to me what I want to do. The only thing I can do is for the pooled trust dept to stop payment on the reissue check, send out another one and go through this nightmare again? What if they don't receive it until after the 1st then it will be 30 days late. Oh I forgot to say on March 15th the pooled trust send out a check and it was recieved and posted on March 24th.  

I am sorry this was so long. There was so much more info to tell but I can only type with one hand and it would be much too long. After tnhis nightmare is over I am going to set up auto pay with Chase but it would have to be on the 3rd of every month. Their grace period is up to the 16th of every month, but is there still slow pay to worry about now?

Thank you all for your time. This has put me under so much stress. 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.