Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

tag
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

I've read multiple threads here about mid-cycle reporting for Chase after PIF.  I called Chase and the CSR said they do not do mid-cycle reporting - is she misinformed?  Our statement cut on 1/18, we PIF on 1/19 and am anxiously waiting for a utilization update so I can apply for a home rental in a very competitive market. I assume there might be a delay due to the holiday weekend, but is there a chance that Chase will report before the next cycle?

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

Chase has always updated when I PIF'd mid-cycle. Normally within two days.  I haven't done it recently though.

Message 2 of 9
ChemE_Bear
Regular Contributor

There are threads on here from Chase reporting PIF as recently as last October/November, so I'm inclined to assume they still do.  Unsure why the customer service rep so confidently told me they do not.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 02/22:
Fico8 9/23:
AU:
Message 3 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

There are threads on here from Chase reporting PIF as recently as last October/November, so I'm inclined to assume they still do.  Unsure why the customer service rep so confidently told me they do not.

The rep you spoke with, was either not knowledgeable about Chase reporting, or was mis-understanding your question.

Because ever time I PIF, it is reflected on My reports within 2-3 bus. days.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They always off cycle report for me when I PIF.
Message 5 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Chase will report whenever current balance is brought to $0.00.
Message 6 of 9
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Just in general CSR's from any lender, take all their comments with a big grain of salt.

Everyone is correct, when the balance is paid to 0.00 or less Chase will update the tradeline to $0; I state less because you can go negative with Chase as I will do if I have pending transactions on say my Sapphire Reserve which I don't use for my balance card when getting pretty.

Did it last month even.

        
Message 7 of 9
FlaDude
Established Contributor

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

Chase has always reported my mid cycle PIF, most recently a couple of weeks ago.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 8 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I have yet to talk to a frontline CSR at a credit card company that actually knew their company's credit reporting policies, most just have a script to read that deals with common caller issues.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.