cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

Highlighted
Contributor

Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

I've read multiple threads here about mid-cycle reporting for Chase after PIF.  I called Chase and the CSR said they do not do mid-cycle reporting - is she misinformed?  Our statement cut on 1/18, we PIF on 1/19 and am anxiously waiting for a utilization update so I can apply for a home rental in a very competitive market. I assume there might be a delay due to the holiday weekend, but is there a chance that Chase will report before the next cycle?

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 8/20:
AU:
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Chase reporting PIF - conflicting information from customer service

Chase has always updated when I PIF'd mid-cycle. Normally within two days.  I haven't done it recently though.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Starting Scores

Current Scores

Goal Scores
Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Contributor

There are threads on here from Chase reporting PIF as recently as last October/November, so I'm inclined to assume they still do.  Unsure why the customer service rep so confidently told me they do not.

Fico8 1/20:
Fico8 8/20:
AU:
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Epic Contributor

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

There are threads on here from Chase reporting PIF as recently as last October/November, so I'm inclined to assume they still do.  Unsure why the customer service rep so confidently told me they do not.

The rep you spoke with, was either not knowledgeable about Chase reporting, or was mis-understanding your question.

Because ever time I PIF, it is reflected on My reports within 2-3 bus. days.

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

They always off cycle report for me when I PIF.
For a collection of our current FICO scoring wisdom, updated as we learn, read the following. Watch the revision dates on the bottom of the first 8 posts as they are regularly updated: Link to Scoring Primer.

RIP:

Updated Oct 2020, unless otherwise noted.

(Forgive typos, mobile.)(Everything said is Just IMHO.)

In order to better answer your questions and record your DPs, please provide your profile stats: Any baddies? Severity and recency? (clean/dirty), Number of accounts, both open and closed on CRs (thick/thin), AoOA? (Mature/young), AOYRA-Age of Youngest Revolving Account (new accounts/no new accounts)? Open/closed loan on CR?
For example, mine is clean/thick/mature/new account, with open loan on record.
If you don't know where you fall, just detail any baddies, your number of open and closed accounts, AoOA, AOYRA and whether you have a loan on record to start.

For utilization questions, list individual and aggregate utilizations, revolving and installment, please.
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted

Chase will report whenever current balance is brought to $0.00.
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Moderator Emeritus

Just in general CSR's from any lender, take all their comments with a big grain of salt.

Everyone is correct, when the balance is paid to 0.00 or less Chase will update the tradeline to $0; I state less because you can go negative with Chase as I will do if I have pending transactions on say my Sapphire Reserve which I don't use for my balance card when getting pretty.

Did it last month even.

        
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

@ChemE_Bear wrote:

Chase has always reported my mid cycle PIF, most recently a couple of weeks ago.

Scores: Spt 20: EX FICO8 831, TU FICO8 828, EQ FICO8 823
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Slate, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Prosper (20k/3yrs 7.14%), Lending Club (10k/3yrs 5.89%), Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I have yet to talk to a frontline CSR at a credit card company that actually knew their company's credit reporting policies, most just have a script to read that deals with common caller issues.
Scores hover around 800
Haven't been AZEO in over a year
Rome was not built in a day, neither is a good credit profile
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.