Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase's Journey Score Prequal Pre filled Info

tag
Poppa
Established Contributor

Chase's Journey Score Prequal Pre filled Info

So my address on Chase's Journey credit score prequals application is pre filled and can't be edited. Mine shows my previous address. I sent a PM about it but am wondering has anyone on the forum had any success with updating this area?

FICO SCORE 08 - TU 810 - EX 807

12/15 - First Tradeline - 12/17 - 800 Credit Score - 3/18 - Homeowner
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Chase's Journey Score Prequal Pre filled Info

If your address on file with Chase is correct, it means it's pulling old address from TU 

Message 2 of 9
Poppa
Established Contributor

Well my current address has been on my reports a year. I thought it might be a setting on Journey's end that I couldn't find

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had/have the exact same issue recently. Old address from 20+ years ago was prefilled and couldn't be changed. Spoke to CSR about it and was told that they did see that old address in my profile despite not being involved with Chase back then. They said they would remove the address and make sure everything was current. Ended up having zero effect on Credit Journey though. +1 on it being pulled from the address history on your CR.
Message 4 of 9
Poppa
Established Contributor

This presents a problem for me. I want the card but can only get it through this work around method being over 5/24. Were they able to update the info? If so was it Chase or Journey who fixed it?

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoke directly to Chase over the phone, maybe a month ago. She said she saw the address in my profile, which I thought was strange as I had zero interaction with them back then. She said she eliminated it from my address history and she believed it would fix the problem. Nope.

I'm not sure if progressing through the application process in CJ will give you an opportunity to modify your address. I do recall a few progress tabs on the top so I don't believe it's a 1-click app.

Never looked into reaching out to Credit Journey directly, or if that's possible, as I ended up with an "already approved" offer for the card I was interested in (CSP) in "Just for you" shortly thereafter and went with that.
Message 6 of 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Poppa wrote:
Well my current address has been on my reports a year. I thought it might be a setting on Journey's end that I couldn't find

If all your info with Chase is up to date, you dont need to worry about info on CJ, as long as both Chase and TU have your current address on file 

When I look on mobile, it allows me to add address in CJ, but at the same time, no address is listed. I've been a Chase customer for over a decade, both of my apps were prequals through CJ, and not having address in there did not cause an issue. 

Message 7 of 9
Poppa
Established Contributor

Ok then I think I'm gonna go after that 3% cashback after all. Good deal with the 0% promo and a SUB I believe to boot

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck! Curious as to your result should I run into the same issue again down the road.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.