Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase says I changed my email but I did not

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase says I changed my email but I did not

I haven't had a Chase account in a year. Yesterday I received 2 emails from Chase, one right after another. The first said Thank You for providing your new email. The second started "Dear xxx xxxxx xxx, We have processed your request to change your e-mail address, based upon the information you supplied."

I did use this email address for my Chase account, but I have no way of logging in to anything as I don't have those login credentials, so I can't access the Chase Secure Inbox.

As best I can tell the emails are legit (I didn't click any links though). Has anyone with a Chase account received emails like these when they did update an email address? Is it time to worry?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Zolomon
Regular Contributor

Re: Chase says I changed my email but I did not

I'm hoping it's just a phishing scheme. Worst case scenario: an account could have already been opened with your old email and now they're changing the email to theirs.

1. Check your credit report.

2. Call Chase.

3. Lock all 3 bureaus.

Personal cards:

Business cards:

Message 2 of 4
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

I would call Chase immediately to get this sorted out. Fingers crossed that it’s nothing too big.
Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 13k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Anytime your email or password is changed and you know YOU didnt do it, think fraud and call Chase. Be proactive not reactive.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.