Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Child Support Removal Letter Template

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Child Support Removal Letter Template

Does anyone have a child support removal letter template they can share? I had some arreears build up which was paid off recently. I want to send CS a letter asking them kindly to remove this from my credit report.  Is it also true that this is suppose to remain on my credit for 7 years after ive cleared off the dept or is it seven years from deliquent date?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Child Support Removal Letter Template

Good luck on this!
Child support is my only baddie on my credit profile, and boy is it holding me back! When I got put on, they expected me to pay 3 years back pay instantly. So my credit profile shows that I’m 3 years late on $10K! Does not look good! (Especially since they lived with me and I supported everyone, so technically, and legally, do not owe most of this. Unfortunately I can’t afford a lawyer for the situation.) Anyway, I just wanted to wish you luck! I will be sure to copy this template if/when you receive one; if you don’t mind, that is. I’m curious of the 7 year issue aswell. May I ask what state you’re going through this in? FL, here. 😓
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im residing in FL but my case in is NY.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, child support stays on for 7 years. I'm fighting with Equifax to fix 2 months they show as being in collections when they never where. TU and Experian report properly.

Thankfully I'm done with child support and good luck getting yours fixed.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry, but to clarify, you mean it stays on 7 years if they DONT remove it? Or period?
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 years after being "uptodate"

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep looks looks like this will stay on.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.