Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citi DC Not Reporting for 08/19

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citi DC Not Reporting for 08/19

Has anyone else encountered Citi not reporting to the credit bureaus for August?

My situation is as follows:

I have a Citi Double Cash card with a $1,800 balance.  On August 22 (Payment Due date) I made a partial payment of $400; then on August 25 (Statement Close date) I paid the remaining $1,400 balance.  Despite making the second payment before the 5 p.m. Eastern deadline, the statement closed showing a $1,400 balance.

As of today, the payment/balance for August have not been recorded by any of the credit bureaus.  After noticing that the statement closed with a $1,400 balance although it was paid in full, I called the EO on Friday, August 30 to request a mid-cycle update but was told by the representative that they don't do mid-cycle reports.  Since it was just before the Labor Day weekend I didn't pursue it but its really beginning to annoy me that (1) the statement closed with a balance, and (2) it has not reported to the bureaus so I'm not sure if the account status if fully paid or shows a balance.  

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Citi DC Not Reporting for 08/19

Annoying for sure but a) you know its paid and b) having a balance report isnt the end of the worldSmiley Wink, especially with your profileSmiley Happy. Just enjoy your next sp cli increase and remember to thank that $1400 balance lol👍
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Annoying for sure but a) you know its paid and b) having a balance report isnt the end of the worldSmiley Wink, especially with your profileSmiley Happy. Just enjoy your next sp cli increase and remember to thank that $1400 balance lol👍

Its really ticking me off.  I'm tempted to app for the Altitude Reserve so I'm trying to optimize my scores and I'd rather just have one loan and one credit card reporting balances to the bureaus.  With Cit not reporting I now have 3 accounts showing balances and possibly costing me a few FICO points. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Same thing happened to me with CAP1. I paid all buy $25 on it. I wanted that $25 to be my one card to report a balance. Instead they reported $151 and met the minimum payment. They had the payment, which was made 4 days before statement cut. I was upset because it increased my utilization and I am at the rebuilding stage where it matters. @MaizeandBlue I feel your pain. I didn’t call CAP1 because I think I read on here they won’t mid cycle report.
Also I use my banks bill pay, which normally takes two days so I assume CAP1 wants me to use their payment system. Just easier for me to have all my payments in one place if I ever need to pull them.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 4 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Ditto. UT has no memory so it will report a $0 balance by next statement date.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 5 of 10
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Its really ticking me off.  I'm tempted to app for the Altitude Reserve so I'm trying to optimize my scores and I'd rather just have one loan and one credit card reporting balances to the bureaus.  With Cit not reporting I now have 3 accounts showing balances and possibly costing me a few FICO points. Smiley Happy

Just hold off applying until report updates. The Altitude Reserve is not going anywhere Smiley Wink

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just hold off applying until report updates. The Altitude Reserve is not going anywhere Smiley Wink

I can't...I'm attempting to pull off a financial maneuver that requires me to app for the Altitude Reserve by a specific date (if I still want it).

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

This posting serves as a "heads up" on what a lender shows as payment cutoffs and what may actually happen with the payment cutoff!
Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Man , if your scores and income cant pull of a AR, i shutter to think how others have gotten itSmiley Wink.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Man , if your scores and income cant pull of a AR, i shutter to think how others have gotten itSmiley Wink.

Their profiles are probably better than mine.  I have 3 new accounts (2 credit cards & 1 auto loan) in the last year so its quite possible that I can be denied for too many new accounts.  As of today 9/10 this account hasn't reported to the credit bureaus.

A question for the Altitude Reserve Aficionados... what incremental benefit can I get from the AR if I already have the Amex Gold and Chase Sapphire Reserve cards?  Even here in the boonies most of my purchases are via mobile payments ( I usually hit Samsung Platinum level by the 10th of each month) so I'm thinking the AR would be good to have but I'm not fully convinced, plus that would be another rewards system.

Unfortunately, most of my swipes are food-related and are coded as Groceries (4x on Amex Gold) or Restaurants (3x on CSR) Smiley Very Happy.  But earlier today, for example, I spent $700 at the Toyota dealer for various fluid flushes on my truck.  I specifically asked the cashier if they accepted mobile payments to which she replied "like Apple Pay?"  So for a minute I thought about which card I could put the spend on before chosing my Amex Blue Business Plus for 2X MR points (alternatives were Citi DC or PenFed PCR for 2% cash back) but that would have been an easy 700 points on AR.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.