Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citibank won't fix my charge off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank won't fix my charge off

I have one last negative item on my credit report.  Three years ago, I had three citibank accounts that were charged-off.  My debt management program got all three recalled (the collectors stopped calling) and I saw the new low interest rates and paid as agreed.  I noticed that one account still had a large past due balance but I thought it was due to the account not being re-aged yet.

Suffice to say, the account was never recalled correctly and they've been hitting my credit report with paid late for the past 18+ months.  I write a letter to the credit agencies and it comes off the report only to pop back on at the beginning of the month again.

Citibank says they won't report it as paid on time because it was a charge-off.  I pointed out that I had two other accounts with the same issue (and that they were recalled ok with perfect payment history and now $0 balances) and they sayd, "so what."  I was incredulous.  Then the lady on the phone got nasty, derogitory and hung up.  They won't fix their mistake and they report it as "charge-off as bad debt" despite the $0 balance and good repayment history.

What do I do?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.