Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Citizens Bank Errant Remark

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Citizens Bank Errant Remark

I just got a ping from credit karma that Citizens bank has added a remark to my account with $0 balance.  

"Affected by natural disaster"

What in god's green earth. I have no clue what this could refer to. I've not had any sort of delinquency, forbearance, or anything to speak of. I've not had a statement balance in months. Always paid in full. We did have a storm that took down some trees last week, but this seems blown out of proportion. What is going on? Should I dispute?   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Citizens Bank Errant Remark

@Credit12Fico wrote:

I just got a ping from credit karma that Citizens bank has added a remark to my account with $0 balance.  

"Affected by natural disaster"

What in god's green earth. I have no clue what this could refer to. I've not had any sort of delinquency, forbearance, or anything to speak of. I've not had a statement balance in months. Always paid in full. We did have a storm that took down some trees last week, but this seems blown out of proportion. What is going on? Should I dispute?   

There is no need to dispute. It has no bearing on your scores. Banks will do this by zip code. If an area has a storm etc they will put this on everyones report. I live in hurricane alley so I have seen my fair share of these over the years. It means nothing. Don't give it a second thought.

Thanks

Mark

Message 2 of 3
SoCalGardener
Valued Contributor

Re: Citizens Bank Errant Remark

I agree with Mark, there's no need to worry. I was shocked to see that notice on my reports last year--reacted kind of like you just did! It turned out that because of the wildfires in Southern California, that 'affected by natural disaster' thing was added to my reports, even though *I* was in no way affected.

Which leads me astray for a moment: I keep receiving mail from law firms wanting me to file/join lawsuits for wildfire-related damage to my home....even though the fires never came within miles of me!

Amazon Prime Store CardAmerican Express Blue Cash Preferred CardAmerican Express Everyday CardBank of America Customized Cash VisaCapitalOne Quicksilver MastercardCapitalOne Quicksilver VisaCapitalOne Walmart Rewards MastercardChevron Texaco CardCiti Double Cash MastercardDiscover More CardJCPenney Gold MastercardOverstock.com CardSportsmans Guide Rewards VisaSynchrony Home Card
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.