Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Civil Judgement Reporting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Civil Judgement Reporting

Hello, I've read recently that civil judgments are no longer on credit reports. I have a dispute with a creditor who continues to report me as late when the balance has been paid.  My only proof of the payment is a letter from the collection agency that includes a reference to the civil judgement. If I submit this letter to the credit bureau to support my claim, do I risk them adding it to my report as a judgement, effectively reporting myself?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Civil Judgement Reporting

A settlement with 22 states AGs removed many judgments from credit reports and Im not even sure they are reporting today as new ones come out. I would not dispute with the CRAs but send a direct dispute to the reporting creditor first with demand to have it updated to show accurate information. If you settled this recently please allow 60- 90 days for the creditor to update it correctly before proceeding, there are delays involved when dealing with a collector in transmitting info to the creditor that it has been paid.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Direct-dispute/td-p/2309095

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Civil Judgement Reporting

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.