cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing Card, Score Drop?? Help - Credit One Contact Info?

tag
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Closing Card, Score Drop?? Help - Credit One Contact Info?

I have a Credit Card with Credit One Bank and I opened it August 2019. 

I have used the card maybe 2-3 times for small things like gas and have paid it every month when there was a balance.

In August of this year, there was a $75 annual fee that I was unaware of charged to the account. I never knew this until today when I got an alert from Experian that my credit score had dropped. I logged into my Experian account and BAM.....39 point drop!!

Apparently, my Credit One Bank card went into the "Past 30 days due" and I never knew about it. So I called them immediately and tried to get the late fees removed and they wouldn't do anything! Then I was told if I paid the balance of $95 the account would be paid off and they would remove the credit notice.....So I pay the account, then being transferred to a different person and BAM, they say there is nothing they can do now since the account was already reported!!

Bottom line - MOD CUT- PLEASE SKIP PROFANITIES . Secondly, how bad would it hurt me to close that account? The limit is only like $300 and I never use it and I don't want this scam to happen again in the future! Also, how do I now gain back that 39 point drop!?

10 REPLIES 10
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Closing Card, Score Drop?? Help

That is unfortunate. I would recommend writing a GW Good Will letter. I recall reading some success with that avenue.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=fals...

Message 2 of 11
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Thank You. I will try that

Message 3 of 11
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Thank You. I will try that

Good luck. In the meantime, perhaps, keep the account open until you get a resolution?

Set up autopay if they have one available? Or close the account after you get the delinquency removed.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Those AFs can be killer.  I would suggest a GW campaign as others have mentioned and see what you can do to get that late payment removed. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Experiment-w-Credit-One-Bank/td-p/6049264 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Credit-One-Dispute-or-Goodwill-this/td-p/559... 

I'm not going to tell you to try this or dispute your account, but the info and DPs are available if you search around which look sided in your favor to getting this removed somehow, GW may work too

Message 6 of 11
flexin222
Regular Contributor

Hey Fire, your story reads like mine years ago. I went through the same thing and it must be how they do people dirty. You close the account and then they hit you up with an annual fee. Funny thing with me was the annual fee was 2 months AFTER I closed the account. 

You should be able to get them to clear that late payment if you don't have more late payments. One of our brothers mentioned the auto pay which I'm sure you know of, but didn't figure you'd need it. Lesson learned and I religiously do autopay on anything with payments since then. Get numbers and names when you call and have pen and paper handy with dates noted from here on. Good luck with clearing it up.

Message 7 of 11
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone. Hopefully this get's fixed

Message 8 of 11
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@firemartinez1980 wrote:

Thanks everyone. Hopefully this get's fixed

Let us know when you get this horrible situation resolved.

Message 9 of 11
firemartinez1980
Regular Contributor

Credit One Bank contact info??

Can someone PM me the email addresses for Credit One Bank?

I have a credit card with them and need to send out a goodwill letter, but I have no contact info for them besides phone numbers.

Thanks in Advance!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.