Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collectiom account not on credit report

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Collectiom account not on credit report

If a collection has not yet reported, you can offer the debt collector a pay for not reporting offer.

While best to get any such agreement in writing, they will often not want to place such agreements in writing, so make record of the oral agreement.

After paying, they have little to gain by then reporting, and facing a potential breach of contract suit is a deterrent to breaking their agreement.

As for the mortgage lendor becoming aware of the unpaid debt be seeing a collection should it report, most mortgage app processes request a disclosure of any unpaid, delinquent debt as part of the initial application process, so they usually will be aware via that disclosure.  I presume no such disclosure was previously requested?

Message 11 of 13
lmgold

Thanks
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My husband has an account go into collections September 2015. He recently applied for a home loan and he doesn't see the collection on his report. He has zero collections. Is this normal? I was doubting his approval for the loan but since we cannot find it on there I am wondering what happned and if the lender will find it.

Sorry to chime in so late, but just a quick question.  As there are 3 main reporting CRAs, did your husband pull all 3 of his reports?

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.