Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Collection Account

Does anyone know the rules for collection agencies who put collection accounts on your credit report.  Initially I disupted the account but ended up paying it just to make them go away.  Months later when I checked my credit report I noticed that they had listed the account as a credit account and not a collections account.  In turn they dinged me a 90 day late every single month for the 2 years or so that I was fighting them over the debt.  So now sure it shows the debt was paid but I have many 90 day late entries.  Its really assassinated my credit report.  Anything I can do here?  Anything that regulates this.  I figured going to  collections was bad enough but I just was not sure if they could report it as a credit account and keep hitting me with late payment notices.

Any help is appreciated
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Account

Hi! Welcome to myFICO forums! Please read the credit scoring 101 thread in my siggy if you haven't already.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.