Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Accounts.

tag
Shinronn
Established Member

Collection Accounts.

I have accounts posted as collections, I used to be able to see the date that they would fall off however, I no longer see anything like that.  How will I be able to find the dates that they were originally opened so that I can calculate when they will fall off?

Starting FAKO Score 10/2012: EXP 403, EQU 457, TU 472
Current FICO Score: EXP 666 9/13, EQU658 9/13, TU 671, 9/13
Goal FICO Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Collection Accounts.

I believe you can order your credit reports at like freecreditreport.com or one of those places, and the dates will be listed there.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 2 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Teh date that a debt collector reports their collection is irrelevant to its exclusion date.

The date of first delinquency on the OC account, referred to as the DOFD, determines the exclusion date.

Collections are excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD, with the CRAs routinely excluding at approx 7 years.

Order your free report from annualcreditreport.com, which will normally show the reported DOFD.

Message 3 of 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@RobertEG wrote:

Teh date that a debt collector reports their collection is irrelevant to its exclusion date.

The date of first delinquency on the OC account, referred to as the DOFD, determines the exclusion date.

Collections are excluded no later than 7 years plus 180 days from the reported DOFD, with the CRAs routinely excluding at approx 7 years.

Order your free report from annualcreditreport.com, which will normally show the reported DOFD.

If the CA doesn't furnish a DOFD (they should) the bureau will take the date of assignment as the DOFD so it's not entirely irrelevant unfortunately... though it is a legitimate dispute if this has happened to you especially if you have any sort of supporting documentation; didn't even get that far with TU they just airstruck it and moved on but it had already been paid anyway so the CA likely didn't care to fight it.

        
Message 4 of 7
surferchris
Valued Contributor

@RobertEG wrote:

+1

Current Cards:
AmEx Hilton Honors Surpass//AmEx Platinum Card//Ann Taylor Rewards Mastercard//Capital One Platinum Card//Credit One AmEx//Credit One Platinum VISA//Fingerhut//Navy More Rewards AmEx//TruWest Platinum VISA//Aspire VISA//Costco Anywhere VISA//Lowes Advantage//Apple Card
Loans:
1 Mortgage/////Navy FCU Auto Loan (2020 Jaguar I-Pace)//Capital One Auto (2016 BMW i3)
Next Cards (4th QTR 2022):
Navy Flagship Rewards VISA//Chase Sapphire Preferred
Stats:
Scores: 700's // Inq's: 1 for mortgage // Util: 1% // AoOA: 21 yrs

Message 5 of 7
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@RobertEG wrote:

If the CA doesn't furnish a DOFD (they should) the bureau will take the date of assignment as the DOFD so it's not entirely irrelevant unfortunately... though it is a legitimate dispute if this has happened to you especially if you have any sort of supporting documentation; didn't even get that far with TU they just airstruck it and moved on but it had already been paid anyway so the CA likely didn't care to fight it.

Lesson learned: keep copies of old credit reports as "proof" of dates and such. I have personal reports dating as far back as 2012. If any creditor/collector attempts to change, or re age negative info, I have it all on file! 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 6 of 7
Shinronn
Established Member

Thank you all for chiming in, ordered a credit report. Luckily the dates were on there. Thank you again guys.

Starting FAKO Score 10/2012: EXP 403, EQU 457, TU 472
Current FICO Score: EXP 666 9/13, EQU658 9/13, TU 671, 9/13
Goal FICO Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.