cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Collection Agency wont respond

tag
hulamatt

Collection Agency wont respond

I had a CA show up on my transunion report. I have no idea what they are reporting nor do i recognize the amount they show. Sent them a letter asking for validation, and i havent heard anything in 2 months, it was delivered according to USPS tracking, what in the world do i do now, i disputed, but for some reason TU never actually did it, so i sent in another letter disputing, and if it was verified to know how they verified it

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Collection Agency wont respond

I'd send another DV to the CA.

Message 2 of 7
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

The CA should list the OC (original creditor).

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 7
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Keep following up with DV's and document everything carefully.  In your second DV, state that "on [date] you received a DV request and you refused to respond, so I am once again requesting..." or something along that line.  If still no answer, file a Better Business Bureau complaint.  In the BBB report, they will ask for your desired resolution--state the CA should either send you proof of the debt or delete from all 3 CRA's.

I have actually had more deletions from BBB complaints than I have from CRA disputes and CA DV's.  However, it is important to show the BBB that you tried to resolve it with the CA before contacting the BBB, which is why I said to file additional DV's and to make sure each DV states that it is not the first one and that they have refused to respond to earlier DV's.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agreed, send a second DV referencing it's a 2nd request and the date and tracking number of the original.
Message 5 of 7
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

I see nothing wrong with sending a second DV but unless you live in Texas a CA has no time limit to respond to a DV. However until they do answer they must stop collection efforts.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 6 of 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did the CA ever send you a formal collection (dunning) notice?  That was required, under FDCPA 809(a), to have been sent to you within 5 days of their posting to your CR, identifying the amount of the debt and the name of the original creditor.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.